3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   HIIT with cardio and strength training exercises (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/252543-hiit-cardio-strength-training-exercises.html)

schubunny 02-09-2012 01:42 AM

HIIT with cardio and strength training exercises

Hello!

Just over a month ago I did a 30 day challenge. It consisted of 4 12 minute HIIT exercises (one each day) and then a 5th day of an intense 20-30 minute session.

I found I did not lose much weight on it, but each session has me beat and I am so much stronger now.

I am wondering if this is enough cardio or if I should be adding in 15 minutes of jump rope/high knees/running in place (you get the deal).

:workout:

Ilene 02-09-2012 07:56 AM

If you have the energy to add-on some more cardio I'd say go for it.... But after HIIT I am usual whipped... You could do some weight training either before or after your HIIT or cardio...

schubunny 02-09-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilene (Post 4209743)
If you have the energy to add-on some more cardio I'd say go for it.... But after HIIT I am usual whipped... You could do some weight training either before or after your HIIT or cardio...

Do you find it's helping you lose weight? I just want to be sure that I just need to be patient and will see results, not that I should be changing something.

Ilene 02-09-2012 04:10 PM

Be patient :yes: for sure... I see that you've done very well in your weightloss journey so keep up the great work...

Also make sure your diet is squeaky clean... As the saying goes "Abs are made in the kitchen" the cleaner your diet the better... You can not out exercise bad eating habits...

The title of the thread is ''HIIT with cardio and strength training exercises'', but I don't see any weight training in your exercise program ''jump rope/high knees/running in place '' is not considered weight training it is still cardio... Weight training would definitely be an asset to your workouts... Muscles help burn calories even at rest...

schubunny 02-09-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilene (Post 4210496)
Be patient :yes: for sure... I see that you've done very well in your weightloss journey so keep up the great work...

Also make sure your diet is squeaky clean... As the saying goes "Abs are made in the kitchen" the cleaner your diet the better... You can not out exercise bad eating habits...

The title of the thread is ''HIIT with cardio and strength training exercises'', but I don't see any weight training in your exercise program ''jump rope/high knees/running in place '' is not considered weight training it is still cardio... Weight training would definitely be an asset to your workouts... Muscles help burn calories even at rest...

I was stating cardio exercises asking if I should add them in. Right now I am doing strength training with weights in my HIIT along with some cardio. The strength training is enough to get me at max heart rate, it feels like it's pumping out of my chest (in a good way). I am just hoping all this strength training is enough to help me burn calories.