Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Talking My Exercise Plan

I want to get in the routine of exercising daily. I read that skipping rope was a great cardio exercise and I love hoping so I think I'm going to work on that. You can lose from 11-20 calories/min so that's pretty good! I also plan on going to the ice rink and start walking/jogging around the track they have there. I'll be going there at least 5x/week after work.

I need to go to the store and buy a skipping rope but I'll keep this updated daily as in when I exercise and how long I skip daily. Could be quite a journey! If someone wants to join in, post below. I'm going to go to the store tomorrow to see if I can find a skipping rope and hopefully start tomorrow. I'm tired of working on my eating plan. I've decided I would work on my exercise and slowly change my eating patterns. My start weight is approx 165 and I'd like to get to 135-140 for this summer so that's 25-30lbs weight loss. Summer is near so it's time I get in gear and lose some weight!
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:27 AM   #2  
Restarter

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130ish

I'm trying to start the "every little thing counts" approach. I have 2 small children, a full time job anda husband who works away from home, so the gym is not an option. Nor is working out at 430am (before the kids are up at 530ish) or a full workout at night (b/c i'm too wired to sleep). So now I get it where I can! I have these apps on my phone called daily leg exercise, daily ab exercise, etc and each one is 5, 7.5 or 10 min long. I squeeze them in before my shower, when playing with the kids or after dinner. I also do this mini cardio thing with the kids where I go in a big square around my main floor... I side step in one direction, then jog backwards, then high-knee step forward, then grapevine across again. I feel guilty not getting "real" workouts in but I guess this fits my real life better
Alba09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Wow! That app sounds AWESOME!! Wish I had that! That's a good idea for your situation since you're short on time. I don't have kids so there's really no excuse. I work from 8-5 from M-F so I could wake up earlier if I wanted to (really love to sleep though haha) but I used to do P90X for 30 some days in the evenings and I used to do it daily (only for 30 days before I quit) so I know I can do it! Those exercises are 1-1.5 hours long (I still can't beleive how dedicated I was to that program to get that far and I can't believe I quit!). I know I want to do the skipping. It's short and I guess really builds stamina. I want to see how long it takes to build up. As for the walking/running, I may change that to something like 30 mins of some type of exercise. If I don't go walking, I'll do something else (ex. Biggest Loser on Xbox or exercise bike). There's lots of things I can do that I shouldn't grow tired of doing the same routine. I'd also love to work on some strenght and ab exercises.

Who knows, I might start P90X again
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote