Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoTruffles View Post
I am not going to count my workouts last week I missed the last 3 days of the work out due to RL so restarted this week.
Just keep going! If you can't workout remember watching what youe eat is even more important!

I just started week 3 yesterday on P90X. I reduced my calorie intake to between 1200-1300, and then exercise on top of that. I lost about 5 lbs here in two weeks. I may be cutting more than I should, but since I am seeing results I am going to stick with it. I have a thread going in the fitness videos! Feel free to stop by too!
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #17  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

Height: 5'4"

Coco,

It doesn't hurt to have a couple practice sessions before really diving into it. I just finished my first week yestereday. I'm only down 1.5 lbs but I've not been doing well with the eating. I am going to be more focused on that as I work through the program. Keep us updated!
leopardspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:47 AM   #18  
Taking it 1lb at a time!

S/C/G: 291/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Well I am still calorie counting and I did a quick 30min walk on the days I did miss. I didn't realize some of the sessions were over an hour long so really need to find my grove and change my meal times around more since you have to wait an hour before heavy exercise.

My DH will finish his first full week tomorrow. Im just gonna keep sticking with it so I can get the moves down so its a more effective work out.

Saturday and Sunday I was visiting family and ate about 2,000 calories more then I should of. I know I didnt really gain fat, but the salt in those foods made me put on so much water weight ugh. Scale finally came back down this morning though thankfully lol. I gained like 6lb.

I am still about 3lb heavier then I was this time last week, but Im thinking some of that is still water weight because my muscles are still a bit sore, and possibly muscle gain in my legs since Ive been walking now for almost a month and they are starting to tone up a lot. I read somewhere you can build 1.5lb to 5lb of muscle a month.

Clothes are still fitting good so Im not gonna stress over it.
CocoTruffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:38 AM   #19  

I'll say it...it's hard to not be frustrated when I am on week 5 and have not seen the scale budge much and then coming to fitness/weight loss boards and seeing other people screaming "I finished week 3 and lost 10 pounds!"

I work at the higher end of my target heart rate, burn appx 500-860 calories during a workout (according to my HRM). Eating clean 95% of the time. I am losing some motivation...but this past weekend, I did buy a pair of jeans a size smaller than I usually buy, and I can button them! (yeah, they do give me a muffin top but at least I don't have to cinch them up like I do with my regular jeans.)

I can do this...
Alki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

Don't feel bad! My first two weeks I lost 5 lbs..then week three I platuead already

My cheat day was Saturday and I drank toooo much..now I have been bloated since Sunday, plus a UTI! I have been as much as 6 lbs higher than my lowest weight..depressing needless to say! Even though I have still been eating well and exercising since...just gotta keep with it..it'll eventually go away!
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #21  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I lost no weight in the first phase. In phase 2 I started losing. I lost 15 lbs doing a round of P90X. Diet is key, and I'm positive that's why I lost no weight in the first phase. I wasn't paying enough attention to my diet until the second phase.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #22  

I hear ya Eagle...I have been watching my diet since the beginning of the year. I started out on the program, and lost 6 lbs right away...then I gained back 5 lbs, my scale keeps bouncing up and down within that 5 lb range. week after week. I'll go down 3 lbs, and think 'yay!' and then I gain 'boo!'.

My chiro (who has done the program several times) says I shouldn't expect to really lose weight until the 7th-8th week.

Last edited by Alki; 02-16-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Alki is offline   Reply With Quote