Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #151  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

musicismysoulfire You could always start by just adding in a couple 30 second running intervals to the fast walking, then eventually upping those to a minute, etc.

I've heard a lot of people praise the C25K program. Have you looked into that?
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #152  
Hannahsmom

S/C/G: 241.5/241.5/170

Height: 63"

Morning group!

Managed to read all the postings in this forum from phillygirls first entry...I feel somewhat caught up with the group. Managed to jog to the Wii Fitness Plus program last night and this morning for a few minutes to say I at least MOVED. Just got my hands on a Leslie Sansone DVD, which I will try this evening. Hoping to tackle Target and/or EBAY for some other fitness videos. Thanks to all for being so motivating with your entries.
michrichhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #153  

michrichhan, that's the one thing I miss about wii is a couple of the games I loved like we chear. I sold that and got an xbox kinect. These workout games are underestimated I think cause you can get a good workout. Target in my area always has workout dvd's on sale. Might I suggest amazon marketplace also. I've found good deals on there too and I used to sell stuff as well. So just read feedback before you go with a seller.

To continue with michrichhan's "move" moment I want to add that I took the stairs this morning instead of the escalator. LOL...hey, every bit helps.

Anybody else have a "move" moment? A "move" moment is doing something you normally would not have done.
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #154  
Ally

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

I really like the idea of C25K Bunneh, thanks for the reference! I'll look into a bit more and maybe start with this afternoon's workout ^.^
musicismysoulfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #155  

Height: 5ft 4in

No eliptical today yet. I am hoping to get it in after kids get home but I have to take my oldest over to the hospital. She is donating stuffed animals that she made (she got a sewing machine for Christmas) for the pediatrics. Can you say very proud mommy! It looks like we are getting more snow and tomorrow is my day off so I'm thinking 30 day shred in the morning (depending on snow fall and shoveling) and eliptical in the afternoon. I just joined the 5# challenge so hopefully that will give me another little kick.
Hope everyone is having a good day. See you all tomorrow.
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #156  

It's quiet in here today.

Adaem, that is very cool of your daughter. I just noticed your location...I was wondering why all the snow.

musicismysoulfire, I thought of doing c25k once upon a time, but never bit the bullet. Let us know how it goes.

Today was an outside walk. It was over 60 degrees here today, but the cold is returning this weekend. Wacky weather we are having. I may play xbox later.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #157  
SanityNow

Hi everybody!
adaem, that is so nice about your daughter! what a lovely thing for her to do.
novangel, I'm feeling under the weather myself today, tired, headache, throat off :
phillygirl, we are having weird weather. I like the idea of a 'move' moment. Although I didn't have any today

Hi to everyone else. Have a nice evening. I need to get some sleep.....
Old 02-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #158  

Height: 5ft 4in

Philly: we are in northern Minnesota about 90 miles from the Canadian border. This year we have gotten very little snow compared to what we usually get. We only have maybe 4-5 inches right now. By now we usually have 2-3 feet. I am loving this winter (until now - I do not like snow).
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #159  
Ally

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Glad to hear everyone's day went well ^.^ I start the C25K and it was a good workout, I felt properly challenged again!
musicismysoulfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #160  

I'm glad to see everyone's post. On page 9 is a "resource" post from me. I updated it with a new website I found called Fitness Blender. It's free, but appears to only have vocal instructions. Meaning no music or background noise whatsoever.

Sanity, take care of yourself. No point in having a lingering illness when it could be prevented with proper rest.

music, come on now...more feedback on your first c25k workout.

adaem, you are living in a heck of a location to not like snow. I love watching it fall, but I hate having to travel in it.

I'm off to bed. Till tomorrow!

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 02-23-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 218.8/155.0/150

Height: 5'05

I just finished Jillian Michaels 30 day shred level 2... im pooped!
Samanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #162  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

Do you ladies mind if I join? I normally track my exercise minutes in a ticker? This thread seems very vibrant and may be what I need to keep motivated.
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #163  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Slim CB Welcome! Glad to have you join! =)

I'm going to wait until I see how I feel this afternoon to choose what my workout will be. Right now I have to go get ready for a doctor appointment this morning. Am I the only one who hates seeing doctors? Oh well, at least it will get me off of a medication which proved useless. =/
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Can I Join In?

Need somewhere to hold myself accountable. On 2/14, I started a 30-day Tae Bo challenge. My goal is to do a Tae Bo workout (the entire thing) for 30 days, 6-days a week. I allow 1 day as a rest day (which I need). I have been doing lower impact exercises for about a year but started mixing in Tae Bo in December. It really challenges me so I decided to do a 30-day challenge for myself.

So far, so good. I alternate between the harder workouts (Tae Bo Celebrity Sculpt) and the ones with lower intensity (Tae Bo Cardio/Tae Bo Amped I). I realize that I LOVE the sweaty feeling at the end.

My hard part is being accountable and finishing what I started. Hope it's okay if I stick my head in once in awhile.
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #165  
SanityNow

Good morning everyone Happy Friday
Welcome free1
Woke up feeling refreshed. Walked to the store and back this morning; bought some veggies, beautiful french bread (to scoop out) and chicken breast. Plan to do some sun salutations later on followed by stretching. Monday I have a session with a trainer at my gym, it came with the membership I bought a few months ago. I've been putting it off, because i don't want to get into the 'trainer' loop where I'm paying $$$ for something I can't sustain, but the woman in charge of the program said she totally understands and agreed there won't be a big sell. I'm looking forward to getting a strength building program.
Have a great weekend.

Last edited by SanityNow; 02-24-2012 at 01:02 PM.