Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-29-2011, 09:40 AM   #1  
Healthier, happier ME

S/C/G: 261/261/160

Default Biggest Loser game for Kinect

Has anybody else here tried this game yet?

I got the Kinect for my birthday at the beginning of May along with Your Shape: Fitness Evolved and Dance Central. I just got the Biggest Loser game that I ordered in the mail yesterday and tried it out for the first time today.

I must say that I really cannot wait til the people who are making games for the Kinect start coming up with better, more user-friendly methods of controlling the games. I found Your Shape to be frustrating to control at first, but eventually I got used to it, I'm hoping that's going to be the case with this Biggest Loser game, because this morning I was totally frustrated by it.

I can tell that when I actually get to do a workout with it, it will probably be a good workout, but I spent an hour and a half this morning just trying to get started and eventually I got so frustrated I decided to turn it off.

The game seems to have a lot of cool features, but the navigation is nearly impossible. They have all these symbols at the bottom of the screen and no indication of what those symbols mean, so you either have to look in the manual, or you have to be really quick and guide your hand over the symbol and away again fast enough so that it doesn't select the symbol, but gives a label for it at the bottom of the screen.

I started out by choosing the super fast weight loss program, just so I could see what it was like. I went through the exercises, which seemed effective, but I was having trouble figuring things out because often the image of "me" would turn red to indicate I wasn't doing something right, but I received no feedback from the game to say why what I was doing wasn't right... I'm sure that was more my fault than the game's though.

However, after going through the 30 minute program, I wanted to start on another 30 minutes, and couldn't figure out a way to do that. LOL

I'll figure it out eventually, I'm sure, but I decided to look into making my character on the game since I couldn't figure out how to get back into the workout. That had to be even more frustrating than the rest of it! LOL
I couldn't change the body type of the character or the cheeks, but I could change the length of the chin and the ethnicity? lol It was so strange.

I read one review of the game that said that one of the best things she enjoyed about the game was swearing at Bob! LOL I thought that was hilarious when I read it, but sooooo true once I started playing it. hehehehe

Anyway, I'd love to hear what other people's impressions of any of these exercise games are!
QuillysQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #2  

I just got it, I am hoping to try it tonight - will let ya know what I think lol
GingerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 140/136/100

Height: 4'11"

I just started using this and I can run my butt off on the treadmill and my muscles will never ache, but 20 minutes with this game and I am definitely feeling the burn and will probably for another 2ish days :P

I do agree that the game is ridiculously hard to control. Especially trying to set your weight and everything. But I REALLY liked the body scan feature. It picked up all my correct measurements and my height just by scanning with the kinect! Give it another shot, it's really good!
uhohitsamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I had bought this game months ago and only did it ONCE! I've decided to give it another go tonight and see if it can change my mind. I need to find a workout I don't mind doing. I remember getting mad because it would say I wasn't doing the correct motion and I was... At least I thought I was lol
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

I have it for the wii and didn't like it...switching out all the time between controller and balance board was annoying.I have the kinect for xbox now and debated buying it,but decided on Your Shape Evolved 2012.Still figuring it out,but so far loving it.I may get the Biggest Loser eventually though.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/120/110

Anything that makes you sweat can lose you weight. So, if you want to have fun playing games and doing workouts, go for Kinect and Your Shape game or EA Sports Active.
pattyhues is offline   Reply With Quote