I feel taller?!

• I started seriously exercising about a week or two ago (yoga, cycling, a workout DVD), and it's great but... since then I have felt taller. It's weird. Everything around me looks slightly lower down than normal! Has this happened to anyone else? What's going on?
  • Strengthening your back and shoulders, plus improved posture. I bet you're standing up straighter!
  • I never thought of that! Awesome!
  • I always feel taller after doing yoga. And that's no easy feat!
  • I also feel taller after flexibility type exercises. I think because yoga focuses a lot on proper posture it helps you to stand taller thru the day.
  • Since I've been sick the entire month, I"ve been doing Classical Stretch workouts on DVD, dispite what the name implies these are tai chi, yoga, active stretching with a little strength training thrown in. I feel so much better after doing one of these, my body is relaxed, my joints feel good and I'm more flexible already.

Plus I was looking in the mirror today and realized I was hunching my shoulders {rounding my upper back} which makes me appear wider front to back, so when I straightened out and pulled my shoulders back where they belong, I instantly looked slimmer. Gotta remember that one!