Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 09:00 AM   #1  

Default New 4 week challenge starting Monday Feb 17, everyone welcome

Hi to All

This last 4 weeks went by so fast, it sure kept me moving.

My goal will be 45 miles again this time, I will be doing the walk away tapes again and maybe if the weather gets nice I will be able to get out for a bike ride.

Everyone is welcome, just set yourself a goal no matter what your exercise is that you do and keep track of your miles.

If anyone wants to start today that is good, I put down Feb 17, it seems to make it a little easier to start on a Monday.

Suzanne
Old 02-15-2003, 09:31 PM   #2  

My fiance and I are starting a new walking program tomorrow. My goal is for us to stick with it for the 4 weeks. Not necessarily measured in miles or minutes, just walking 3-5 times a week for the 4 weeks. I will also start a strength training program tonight.
I want to do it 2x a week for the 4 weeks. Those are my goals, and if anyone wants to help encourage me, feel free to!

Ashley
Old 02-16-2003, 07:26 AM   #3  

I'm kinda excited about joining an exercise challenge, but I really don't know what type of goal to set for myself. Any suggestions?
Old 02-16-2003, 02:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,

Poppyseed, My suggestion is to just challenge yourself to move everyday the first week. Then maybe say you will walk a mile the second week. Whatever, you do just don't give up. If you look at the last challenge you will see I didn't meet my goals. In the beginning I struggled just to move my fanny off the couch. It is still a struggle but I do find I enjoy my half hour on the treadmill. Enough preaching from my soapbox, HAVE FUN

I joined in the last challenge half way through, so this time I will be on from the start.

I am challenging myself to jog/walk 45 miles in four weeks (that is an average of 2 1/4 miles 5 times a week). Also I will do weights 3 times a week.

I am looking forward to hearing from all of you.

Good luck, Anne
Old 02-16-2003, 08:16 PM   #5  

Lightbulb

Thanks for the advice. Okay.... I challenge myself to do at least 30 minutes of yoga everyday and to go to the gym at least 3 times. Does that sound reasonable? I usually go to the gym with my friends a couple of times a week, but sometimes we just get lazy, so I want to be more regular about it. I think the yoga will help center me somewhat, so I will think more about me and less about food -does that sound like a smart plan?
Everyone else = Good luck with your own challenges!
Old 02-17-2003, 11:18 AM   #6  

My walking goal is 60 miles in 4 weeks. (Average 15 miles per week. ) I started Saturday. I have 6 miles in already and i plan to walk 2 miles today. I'm sure this challenge will help me alot!!!
mia
Old 02-17-2003, 10:34 PM   #7  
Dying to be thin

My challenge is to do 20 miles in 4 weeks. I know it may not seem like much to some of you but it's a lot for me!!!
Old 02-17-2003, 10:58 PM   #8  
Catwoman

Im going to Aim for 60km walking in the next 4 weeks. Not sure how many miles that is think around 27

Kitty
Old 02-17-2003, 11:06 PM   #9  

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but ready for a challenge. I need a little encouragment though. I have lost 50 lbs since 11/07/02. But I think I'm at a stand still. I NEED to exercize. If anyone has any encouraging words, I would love to hear them, thanx!

Donna

270/220/150
Old 02-20-2003, 07:26 PM   #10  

Hi everyone:

Its great to be back into another 4 weeks of exercising and great to see a lot of new people who are starting to exercise.

It does not matter if you are just starting the most important thing is that you have started and that you are getting in some exercising even if it is just a little it is a start. I have found over the years that it does become routine and for me it has become a habit, I exercise everyday.

I also find that setting a goal helps me to try harder to make that goal at the end of the challenge. So far this week I have done 8 miles of walking...

Have a great week!!!!!

Suzanne
Old 02-21-2003, 08:30 AM   #11  

Well I guess I will join along with you....tried getting some people from Ontario to start excercising ..but no one responded so if I can join you guys that would be great. I plan on doing 30 minutes of walking each day. Keep it up everyone.
Old 02-21-2003, 05:17 PM   #12  
Just girl striving 4 thin

Hi I love a support group that is encouraging and uplifting...
Kudo's to you for having this here for us.
I walk on the tread mill 4 times a week (at least 2 miles a day)and just started this week going to the gym M/W/F (at least 30 min there) I will have to figure out my goal...Just found you and need to do a little homework. Great to here any encouraging words...
Old 02-21-2003, 05:29 PM   #13  
Just girl striving 4 thin

A quick question...
do you think the water intake should be more than the usual 6-8 cups a day if you excercise a lot??
Thanks for the info
Old 02-23-2003, 08:33 AM   #14  

With regards to the water question, I think it depends a bit on how much you sweat! In general I would drink more water if I was exercising. Plus, it cools you off a lot. Beware special sports drinks - they are really only useful for the superathletes, most gym people don't need them.

Alright, here are my exercise goals for the week. I am going to go swimming for at least 30 minutes 3 times this week and I am also going to make it to the early morning yoga class at the gym on Wednesday morning. I also want to start a walk/run routine at the gym. (I got a book about learning to run, so I'm very excited!)

I hope everyone else is excited about this week too! I also suggest we challenge ourselves to try a new recipe this week and post the results, so we can see if we can break the old food habits and start with new food habits (and add some variety!) Have a super day everyone!
Old 02-23-2003, 12:06 PM   #15  

Hi everyone,

I have been doing my walking tapes faithfully everyday, so that is great, it sounds like everyone else has been doing lots of exercising and setting goals.

Poppyseed I am going to challenge myself to eating a salad this week... it has been a long time since I have had one, so that is good for me to get a jump start on eating a little more healthy.

I am off to do my walking tape, maybe I will get in 4 miles today......

Suzanne
Closed Thread