Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Talking Karate and Kung Fu

just throwing in my 2 cents…

I do Karate and it's an absolutely exhausting, fun and never boring workout. We do all types of exercise. There are kicks, punching, sparring, crunches, pushups, forms (sets of moves in a specific pattern) and soooo much else.

I've also done Kung Fu and Tae Kwan Do. They're all great if you're looking for something new and interesting to try.

I've found that when I don't binge eat after class (that was my biggest problem) and still maintain my healthy eating, I lose weight pretty quickly with it. Of course I also do running and other workouts … but things like Martial Arts are great.

Just saying, give it a try if it's available to you. Plus, it's practical. Now I can defend myself a lot better. And I'm more flexible and agile. And, depending on what kind of Master you get, a lot of places will teach you to calm your mind while you're doing forms. It's great for getting some of that stress out.

Anyone else try out any martial arts? What did you think?

Last edited by redrose8988; 11-08-2011 at 10:21 PM.
redrose8988 is offline   Reply With Quote