Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 191/179/140

Height: 5'7

Default Anyone using Podrunner Intervals?

I've been using the regular hour-long podrunner mixes (djsteveboy) for several years now (off and on), but just started using the 5K interval training program. I'm really aiming to improve my speed and endurance. Anyone else out there using that program?

Thanks
murfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #2  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

oh wow! i've never heard of this. what is it?
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/179/140

Height: 5'7

Hiya! (I'd post a link, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do that?) Podrunner Intervals are free, varied BPM electronic music mixes-- lookup djsteveboy.

He has hour-long mixes at certain BPM and now the intervals, with varied BMP and chimes to let you know when to step it up or slow down. Different mixes for each week that follow a couch to 5k type format, also one for 8K, 10K...

I love the mixes. Pretty much all I ever run to when I'm on the treadmill. Outside, I can run without music, but on the hamster wheel-- must have podrunner

And they're free! Did I mention that?

p.s. Of course, if you hate electronic music, you won't like it!

Last edited by murfcat; 10-12-2011 at 09:29 PM.
murfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 132/116.6/114

Height: 5'2"

I've been using these during my runs (both the intervals and the First Day to 5K mixes) and really enjoy them. I find the tracks and the beats really help with my pace and quieten my mind.

Mostly I use dance music to warm up (whatever's my latest have - these days it's David Guetta, Pitbull, Nicki Minaj, Lil Jon) then I'll switch over to a Podrunner mix - it's usually fairly random, skip the warm up section and get straight into it.

When I reach the end of a mix, I usually skip across to another Podrunner if I want to extend my workout. After that I switch back to my other music, sometimes a bit slower paced. But if I'm having trouble getting the energy to keep going, I'll switch to another Podrunner to motivate me to get to the end.
Precious Little is offline   Reply With Quote