Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 05:59 AM   #1  

Post From Fat To Fit 01-31-03

Anyone care to join me in a new challenge? For the month of February lets set a goal and see how we do at the end of the month. I could not do the Valentines Day challenge because I was too late so please, lets support each other and get in shape. I will think about my goal and later post how well I think I can do. PLEASE JOIN AND GOOD LUCK
Laurie
Old 01-31-2003, 11:17 AM   #2  
Cute Chick

S/C/G: 254/202/135

Height: 5'0"

Laurie, this sounds great! I would love to join...I was hoping to be down to 175 by the end of February, but I didn't do as well in Janurary...If I can lose 2 lbs per week, I will be thrilled!

SO...I am going to make 179/180 my goal...I am 188 as of last weeks weigh in, maybe that will be different when I weigh in the morning.

I am 23, no kids, engaged...you?
Old 02-02-2003, 01:04 PM   #3  

Hey!!! It is so good to here from you. That sounds like a reasonable goal. I started out at 197 and am currently at 192.5, so I guess that was an alright start. This month I think I want... no I am going to get down to 180. I better get to work!!!
I am 19 years old, well almost twenty in 2 months. I am married and have been for over a year and a half. I married my highschool sweetheart. He is 22. We both work at the same place. I am an accounts payable clerk and he is a diesel mechanic. I got pregant last June and lost the baby at the end of September. So as of right now I dont have any kids. Well we do have a cat that is still pretty much a baby herself. But I would love to have a baby whenever. Before I got pregant I had just lost 25 lbs and was down to 174 but as soon as I found out I was pregant I very quickly put it back on.
Any tips on how you lost your weight?

Laurie

SW 197
CW 192.5
GW 150
Old 02-02-2003, 05:25 PM   #4  
Cute Chick

well, I have eliminated sodas all together...too much caffeine and sugar...when i found out that just 1 can of soda had about 13 tablespoons of sugar...i knew I had to cut it...and I was addicted to Caffeine...if I want to "cheat" I will have a little of what I want...but not alot (except pizza, that's my one weakness...but that's only once in awhile)...if i want chocolate...instead of sitting down with a bag of m&m's...I get about 5 or 6 and put the bag away...

I do exercise 4-5 days a weeks...doing Pilates and Aerobic tapes, and riding the stationary bike for at least 30-35 minutes and light weights daily...

I was a complete couch potato....I worked my day around the tv and what came on at what time...my day revolved around the tv and computer...but now, I make it a part of my day...if there is something I want to watch, I will do stretches or watch tv while i am on the bike...

I have modified my diet...I am not living on rabbit food...I am not a huge salad person...i will have a chicken cesar salad only when i am in the mood for it...

I am sorda taking advice from the body shaping diet book that I have...tells about different body types and what is good and bad for that body type...for me, Dairy is a no no...

hope this helps at all...

where are you from?
Old 02-02-2003, 06:20 PM   #5  

Hello I just got back from Kroger and I bought up all kinds of heathy food. I too have given up sodas but, I heard that Diet Orange Slice was really good So I got some of it, and it tastes pretty good. I also got the makings for a taco soup. It is so good and healthy for you. The only part of my diet that bothers me is on the weekends, we go out with our freinds and always eat out. They just dont understand. Well I guess I will go do some housework. Take care & talk later.
Laurie
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2003, 01:19 AM   #6  
Cute Chick

I work out alot during the week, I don't really worry about the weekends too much...but if you are concerned with that...when you go out with friends...get a chicken sandwich instead of a hamburger...diet and eating right is about modification, not elimination...

hope this helps
Old 02-03-2003, 04:21 PM   #7  

Hi How is everything going today? I got up and walked on the treadmill this morning so I guess thats good. Thanks for the advice. I am suprised that we dont have any more members to chat with on this thread. O well. I am just curious, how tall and what size are you? Just trying to see if we are about the same size and shape. When are you getting married?
Laurie

SW 197
CW 194
GW 150
Old 02-03-2003, 05:56 PM   #8  
Cute Chick

We haven't set a date yet...but I think he is aiming for our 5 year anniversary which is July 15, 2004....Which is fine with me...

I am 5'0 and weigh 186.5...I started at 202 in the beginning of December...I found that out when I went for my yearly checkup...I was told to lose weight if I wanted to get on the birth control patch...so, next time I go to the doctor in April...I am going to get it...

How tall are you?
Old 02-06-2003, 01:30 PM   #9  

Amber & Laurie,

I was just reading this thread and was suprised by how similar our stats are! I'm 5'1" and started at 187 in 2/2002. I started Weight Watchers on 2-20-02 and so far have lost about 35-40 pounds. I'm currently floating between 149-153.

I do pilates almost daily, hi impact and step aerobics twice a week and then on other days I do some light weight training and walking on my Gazelle.

I'm also engaged. We've set a tentative date of August 9, 2003. I've been dating him for nearly 4 years now. I'm hoping to lose another 10-15 pounds before my wedding.
Old 02-08-2003, 02:32 PM   #10  
Cute Chick

I have been with my fiance for nearly 4 yrs...we are making plans now to move to TX for a job oppurtunity that he has coming up...I live in Los Angeles...so this is a big move and a real commitment on his part...

I want to be a size 8 or so when i get married...I am down a half of a pound from last weekends weigh in
Closed Thread