Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-06-2011, 03:01 AM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Default any pole dancers?

So after seeing a stripper pole, er i mean, "dance pole" at spencers http://www.spencersonline.com/produc...ance-pole-kit/
my hubby said that i can get one when we have the money. I know that pole dancing is great exercise and i figure it will be something fun and sexy that i can learn to do (for his eyes only of course lol). I dont have the pole yet (got about 3-4 weeks before we will have the money to get it) but ive started looking for instructional dvds.

Anyone else try this risque form of exercise?
Is it worth the money spent on the pole and stuff?
Got any how-to dvds to recommend?

p.s. i meant to post this in exercise but apparently put it in fitness videos. i tried to delete it so that i can repost it, but either im blind and cant find it, or theres no way to delete it??? either way, can a mod move it to exercise for me? thanks

Last edited by 100percentME; 09-06-2011 at 03:04 AM.
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/165 - Goal:132

Height: 5 ft 2"

Go for it!. It looks like so much fun! There is actually classes here in Auckland NZ but I don't live near any of them otherwise id soooo be keen!
Let me know how it works out for ya
fitmum2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:17 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I might find a class near you before you invest in the pole, just to see how you like it. I took such a class, once, for a friend's bachelorette party. I was at goal and pretty strong and fit, and honestly? I was SORE. And bruised up! AND SORE! It was excellent, workout wise.

But I think it'd be hard to get the basics from a video. It was really helpful seeing someone demo it.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #4  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

I agree with mandalinn -- go take a class and see if it's something that's up your alley before investing.

I plan on signing up for a series of classes one of these days -- took a private class with a group of girlfriends and it was soooo much fun. But dear LORD the soreness. And bruising. Everything mandalinn said.

It's an amazing workout. A lot of squatting and knee bendy stuff. I knew I was in trouble when I was walking to my CAR afterwards and I was already shaky.

But it's a blast, and it's something different and effective. Again, find a local class and give it a go!
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote