Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #16  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Jen- you dont know, really... its way different for everyone
some signs-- weightloss complettely HALTS

you stop getting your period, or it becomes irregular
You performance CONSISTENTLY is getting worse

you are always sore
you start getting overuse injuries
If oyou are eating enough to suppoert your activity, youre probably goping to eventually become overtrainined
You dont *want* to train

for me, i know when im over trained because my period get effected.
AND i cant lose weight
How much are you training? why do you think you are overtraining? Having one bad run on any given day is just par for the course. Everyone has bad runs, or runs where they dont feel well, or where they just CANT "get it done" the way they normally would. EVERYONE had those days./... sometimes you get stuck in a rut of bbad run after bad run, and it SUCKS! But then it is compensated by those days when you hvae TERRIFIC runs... the kind that just make your day, where everything feels perfect and you feeel like you could run forever, and you get that runners high, etc... Sounds like FROZEN JUST had one of those runs a couple days ago

FANTASTIC FROZEN........ i love how QUICKLY we progress in that first year or so of running.. its amazing

As for me... eh, Effing staph infection and antibiotics... no outdoor running for me BLEH
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:57 AM   #17  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

aleksandra-you are definitely a runner!
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
I love to run outside as well. Nothing like being in nature and breathing in fresh air.
Best wishes
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:24 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 8"

Was having a great run yesterday am...feeling like I was completely ready for my 1/2 marathon. Unfortunately it ended with me in the hospital with adominal pain. At first they thought it was appendix but it ended up being something with an ovary. Luckily I am done having children, or I would be completely stressed. My main worry for the short term is how is it going to affect my 1/2 marathon this Sat? I am also concerned about having to miss any school, the kids start on Tues, and that is when the er wants me to see my obgyn.

Last edited by envelope; 09-04-2011 at 03:25 AM.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

mk, thanks for the response, well I have been stalled, but I don't think it is the running. I pretty much stalled out when I STARTED running. But I think that is mostly due to body composition changes, I could be wrong.

I just felt a little sluggish and bloated and my legs feel swollen up and down...I was jogging before I got pregnant, and then quit, and then took it back up. always on my rebounder though. I am trying to do at least 1 mile per day, but I read somewhere that jogging on the rebounder for 20 min is the equivalent of a 3 mile run because of how the load affects your body.

I guess, what really gets me is the stalled weight loss. Nothing new. It just sucks, but I feel like my body is changing.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Envelope - I hope your stomach is okay!
jendiet - I don't know much about overtraining, but mkroyer has good advice. My only thought is to listen to your body. If you are having pain, feeling sluggish, take a day off and do something different to stay active. Stretch it out, rest your muscles and ease back into it.

Ahhh, on Friday I had to meet up with my husband so I thought instead of taking two cars I'd just run to his office, it's about 6km. I looked up a route and figured I'd take a pathway to save some time.

It was boiling nasty humid out. I nearly died. Also, I took this path that google maps told me to... DEAD END. In the middle of a swampish field. I went like two miles out of my way there and back. So frustrated. So I ran a reallllly crappy time. 42 mins for 5km, because I was busy cursing and then I had to slow down to wait for traffic as I had to run along a busy road instead. What a bummer of a day. Husband ended up picking me up along the route so we could make it to the inlaws' on time!

Another nasty humid and rainy day out, so I'll be heading into the gym to hop on the dreadmill for an easy run. Maybe a longer run. We'll see how i feel. I used to love running indoors but now I really prefer outdoors!
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #21  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

OMG, fozentusic, that sounds awful!! I would have been cursing the whole time, too.

envelope ~ I really hope you are going to be ok for your marathon this weekend! I'm sending good running vibes your way.

I was able to run 2.75 yesterday in 27 minutes. I'm going to run it again on Thursday. I am very anxious to get up to 3.0 and then 3.2! I am pretty sure I could do it, but I've heard that you never want to risk injury by doing too much too soon, so I am going to climb up easy. Is there any merit to that whole "too much to soon" injury claim for someone just gearing up to run a 5K and not a half or marathon?
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:58 AM   #22  

I jogged one mile today, it was really hard. My heart rate is up at least 10 beats than normal, so I think I might have pushed my body too hard. But, I am going back into it. I guess I think I can do more because I am on the rebounder and don't have to worry about joints...but my body still knows the difference. Tomorrow I am aiming for going for a run and circuit training.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 220 Jan '11, 199 Try 2/186/160

Height: 5' 8"

3 miles yesterday. Sign up for my first 5K today to run on the 17th My son is running it with me, how cool is that!
NTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #24  

Ntexas, that is really cool.

I didn't get a run in yesterday, but omg, was I busy racked up 12 miles on the pedometer. Today will be slower. I wonder how a 1 mile run compares with 12 miles of walking doing day to day chores. Still I like the "high" from running. Going to try to get 1 mile in today, maybe more.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #25  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Jen-- the "12 miles" you walked yesterday going about your day, is WAY BETTER (for fat loss) than 1or 2 miles (or heck, even 10 miles) of running
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #26  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

^ tend to agree. I noticed last year I lost way quicker hiking then I ever did running long distances.

Sorry I haven't been around much. My computer at works hates 3FC, it constantly crashes, not sure what gives. I've also been cheating on you guys with MyFitnessPal - gasp! I'm sorry

Anywho - just plugin' along waiting for this stupid planter faciitus to clear up...last time I had it long long before running it took forever. I even skipped my long run Sunday, but that didn't make a hug difference. Oh well. Such is the life of a weight obsessed, fitness **** runner

I'm reading a really great book right now called "Run like a Mother" about these two mom's and their running lives. It's great, but giving me the marathon itch again. Unfortunately, things are tight right now and I can't seem to find the $ for the registration, so it's not really a choice at the moment. I've even thought about just training and running it by myself, but there's something about that finisher medal and t-shirt that's making it not quite worth it.

So I did 4 miles Monday, 5 Wednesday, will do 5 of intervals tomorrow and 10 Sunday. And of course strength training and Yoga on my "off" days. I've finally started lifting again after 5 weeks off. Boy have I seen my body getting squishy from not doing it. I'm having to find alternate means of squats though since my knees really just don't seem to be liking them too much.

Hope everyone is doing well!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 248/220/150

Height: 5'5

I just started running for the first time ever yesterday. (running as much as I can, then going inside to jump rope) I saw improvement in my distance already today... just a little bit but it still made me happy! Lol.

How long did it take you guys to run up to like five minutes without stopping?
MelloFatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #28  
yehaw!!

S/C/G: 220/166/150

Height: 5'3

mello i started running in july. at first i could only run a minute or 1.5minutes.. then about 3 weeks ago my body got it and i went up to 10minute intervals. i recomend programs like c25k or simiilar...
that being said i havent ran since last friday!!!!! i have been so super busy getting the kids into school that it hasnt happened..... kimtergardeners dont start till the 16th.... whatever... i am going out to run tomorrow am and hetting back into this... i actually miss running
brillmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 248/220/150

Height: 5'5

I just searched the c25k, looks promising
MelloFatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Mello - A few weeks.. I did C25K as well.

Did intervals tonight. I think I prefer the treadmill for intervals! Anyhow, I think I came close to my PB, if not exceeded it, but I can't tell for sure because I forgot to pause my garmin while i stopped to fix my shoe and I included my 3 minute walking warm up to get my HR up to 100 before I started to run.

I am excited for my race! Bring it on!
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote