Does working out in a fasted state give you a burst of energy?

• Okay, so I'm starting to gently ease myself into maintenance mode and decided to give IF a try. I just completed an 18-hour fast. I did a 30 minute bodyweight circuit this morning which normally I can only do for 20 minutes or twice. This morning my focus was laser-sharp and I felt very energized that I did it three times. The circuit was hardcore: jumping jacks (60), push ups (20), walking lunges (20 steps), front planks (60 second hold), burpees (5), high knees (50), spiderman climbs (20) and wall squats (60 second hold) - done with zero rest between exercises and only a minute rest b/t circuits.

Am I just having a really good day or is this something that's common with IF and/or a fasted state - that your workouts are done with more energy? Thanks in advance.
  • I don't IF in particular, but I find that being just a little hungry makes it seem like I'm more focused. For example, about a half hour before my break yesterday I was starting to get hungry and it seemed like my efficiency really increased. Even my supervisor noticed! It doesn't always work for me, but I can think of other times in the past where being just a bit hungry amped me up a bit.