Does starting running stall weight loss?

• Ive starting running recently (I can barely get far, about 15 minutes in total mixed with 10 minutes of brisk walking) and I'm doing this every other day trying to build it up. I've noticed my weight loss has completley stopped!
    I am definately leaner, I can tell, and others have commented but I've lost no weight!
    Im loving the lean-ness, don't get me wrong but I do want to be lighter! Any idea whats happening? Shall I just power through it?
  • Don't worry, it usually only lasts a few days after starting exercise, and then you start to lose the lbs more quickly.
  • i would think running would make you lose FASTER... maybe not pounds but inches, which i would rather have. Ps i just started running again too... hate it but i think it works better than anything else.
  • Starting a running schedule is what pushed me through a plateau. I could not for the life of me get past 55 lost, but that did it for me. However in the beginning it did mess with my digestive system really bad and threw things off. I just had to increase how much water I was drinking. Good luck and keep going! I started July 1st doing 1 min run 1 min walk for ten mins. Now I can do a 10 to 12 min intervals three times. Never thought it was possible! And I hate it a little less every time I go
  • Quote: i would think running would make you lose FASTER... maybe not pounds but inches, which i would rather have. Ps i just started running again too... hate it but i think it works better than anything else.
    It definately works to loe the inches, but I really wana see results on the scale too!! Good luck, you might start to like it the better you get!!

Quote: Starting a running schedule is what pushed me through a plateau. I could not for the life of me get past 55 lost, but that did it for me. However in the beginning it did mess with my digestive system really bad and threw things off. I just had to increase how much water I was drinking. Good luck and keep going! I started July 1st doing 1 min run 1 min walk for ten mins. Now I can do a 10 to 12 min intervals three times. Never thought it was possible! And I hate it a little less every time I go
    Thats similar to what I have to do, lots of intervals, the first one is always my best and then I get more and more tired and just have to stop lol, I would love to be a runner though!