Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8

Default Advice needed from weight training pros!

Hi!

I had a foot operation two weeks ago and am not allowed to take the post-op shoe off, put excess pressure on my toe area or risk my toes hitting the ground in any way. I come from a purely cardio background (running, cycling, swimming, team sports) so I have no idea what to do now all these things are out of bounds. I've done Pilates before so I'm working some moves into my plans, but I'd really like any advice or comments on the workout plans I've put together (using a book my bf had lying around the house).

Arms:
Bicep curls and stretches up above the head (one more or less fluid movement) with 4.5kg weights, 15 reps 2 sets

Lying down and pushing weights away from the body (towards the ceiling), 4.5kg weights, 15 reps and 2 sets

Arm bends with two chairs (one for my arms, one for my legs) - until exhaustion, don't know what that is yet because I haven't tried it. 2 sets

Girly press ups with my feet up in the air (to avoid banging my toes on the floor) - 2 sets

Attempting to do bridges (not that successfully!)

Shoulders:
Side lifts (from side to shoulder height), 2 sets with 2kg weights (can't do it with more!)

Front lifts (same as side lifts except I lift my arm up in front of me instead), 2 sets, 2kg

Abs:
Pilates 100s

Side crunches (moving left arm to right leg) 20 reps, 2 sets

Saw off big toe Pilates move, 15 reps, 2 sets

Back stretches to balance it out

Legs/Bum:
On all fours, lift one leg up and contract bum muscles - 30 reps, 2 sets

Pilates Swimming Frog, 15 reps, 2 sets

Squats (if it doesn't hurt my foot)

I obviously can't do all of that every day, so I thought I'd split it into arms/shoulders one day, abs the next, legs the next and rotate it like that so I don't overwork anything. I eat low carb whole foods.

Am I missing anything? I really am clueless and have only managed to cobble this workout together with the help of books etc. I'm trying to do the best with what I can do, which at the moment is not a lot and I'm getting really frustrated with not being able to exercise. I'd be really grateful for tips!!

Claire
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote