Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 11:29 AM   #16  

Default Curves

I'm a newbie so bear with me. This is my first post. I joined curves late August. to date: 18 lbs. 18 inches, body fat down, feel wonderful when I exercise, and this is the first time ever, that I have stuck with a program. Absolutely marvelous.
Also, doing the Atkins diet. Need more info on that.
Stay with it, and good luck
Old 02-04-2003, 08:57 PM   #17  
Soon to be Lifetimer

Default Challenges

Hi,
Our Curves just anounced a Challenge called "Kiss the Flab Goodbye". You get your name in the drawing for various accomplishments. They will also give you entries for # of visits, refering a friend, etc.
The great thing I like about this is you set your own goals! They understand you may not be able to lose 10 lbs in a month but you get to state your goals and they base it on that.
Now that is what I call motivation.
The grand prize in the drawing is a beautiful ruby/diamond bracelet. The owner also said if she gets 40 new members in the 6 weeks she will get the last machine Curves has available
I am truely satisfied with my Curves and results and I have only been going for 1 month. I will update you on inches results when I get measured. I did do my own body fat and I started at 34.9 and I am 33.1 with only losing 2 pounds
Take care,
Bunny
Old 02-11-2003, 04:14 PM   #18  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

for those of you who were going to try it...what did you think?
Old 02-15-2003, 12:10 AM   #19  

Smile It's working for me!

I'm new here, but wanted you to know that Curves is wonderful! I joined in November, and I'm down 17 pounds, 9 inches and my BFI has gone from 39 to 31. I've lost 94 pounds on WW ...the last 30 or so have been subborn ...Curves has helped get rid of some of it, and I know that I can reach my goal now. I have 22 pounds to go, and I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Any of you who are curious about Curves can go in and get a free week to see if you like it ...our staff is definately NOT 'hard sell'. It's the first time in my life that I've actually looked forward to exercise ...I go 5 days a week ...it's recommended that you go at least 3. Chrck it and see for yourself ...it might be just what you were looking for.

Loosinit
Old 02-26-2003, 03:58 PM   #20  

Default Mixed Feelings

I have been a member of Curves for a year now. I transferred my membership at about 6 months because I had moved. I loved the Curves I joined at but the one I have transferred to is not as good. I have found that going from a center that had promotions and contests every month to one that does nothing for its members I am no longer as motivated. I noticed that my weight loss stopped and now it is just maintenance for me. I don't feel like I have anything to strive for at Curves anymore. I think that the concept is great and that there is success to be had, but it all depends on the owner of the individual Curves.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:29 PM   #21  

I've been a Curves member for about 2months now - and I love it! I changed from a standard gym, and I am much more faithful now! The time goes by quick, and it's easy to fit into my schedule. The Curves I go to has a lot of contents all the time as well - which makes it fun It's nice that not everyone looks stick thin - or wear's expensive workout clothes - I don't feel out of place at all. .
------------------
200/188/140
on a 5'2" body!
Old 03-05-2003, 08:57 AM   #22  

Hi, I just recently started Curves (3 weeks ago) and for once I have found an exercise program I can actually stick with. I feel so comfortable, unlike joining a gym with all the thin muscled bound people were. And the nice thing is they have monthy challenges...this month is to loose 5 lbs, bring a bag of grocerys, and go 3xs a week...win a T shirt. It keeps you motivated and thats all some of us need is motivation. But I would and do recommend Curves to anyone looking for a place to exercise.

Kati
Closed Thread