Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-28-2011, 01:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/180/160 for now

Height: 5'3"

Default types of exercise

can anyone tell me what types of exercises I can do at the gym such as a routine to follow. I have been going to the gym for a little over a yr now, and haven't lost any weight, although my routine was on and off. i currently weigh 180lbs and am 5'3". my goal is to lose 20 lbs in 2 mths.
endopride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Welcome!

There is a good Sticky thread at the top of this forum that has a good beginner's guide to exercise: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exer...damentals.html.

In addition, another thread that may help is this one: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...tay-myths.html. Exercise is incredibly important, but the vast majority of people who lost weight lost the vast majority of their weight by changing their diet, not by exercising off the pounds. Exercise can help create a caloric deficit (which means burning more calories than you eat), but most would agree it's not nearly as important as reducing the number of calories eaten to begin with. In other words, weight loss is dependent 80% diet, 20% exercise. (Rough estimate, but a useful rule of thumb).
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/180/160 for now

Height: 5'3"

Thank you so much Indiblue! those posts were a great help, i'm new to this site, so everything is a little overwhelming right now, hopefully i'll get the hang of everything soon!
endopride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

I can definitely understand! Please don't hesitate to ask any questions- everyone here is so helpful and supportive. After all, we were all new here once too . Good luck with your weight loss journey!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote