3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   What music do you like to workout to? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/234229-what-music-do-you-like-workout.html)

jenfett 05-27-2011 09:22 PM

What music do you like to workout to?

I was working out today and was rocking out to music which is an absolute must for me to be able to really have a great workout. Music just helps get me pumped and keep me going, I just get lost in the music and before I know the workout is over.

So I was wondering what kind of music is on your workout playlists? What motivates you to move and grove the pounds away?

I need to update my playlist but I currently get through my workouts with Michael Jackson's greatest hits (favs are "Man in the Mirror", "Dirty Diana", "Pretty Young Thing", "Bad" and well pretty much all of them lol, some Prince, and don't laugh but Axel F (theme song from Beverly Hills Cop) "Baby Go Back" Sir Mix-A-Lot, "My DownEaster Alex" ( my favorite cool down song), Cher's greatest hits and a whole bunch of other 80's hits. I just have to have music, always have, it just helps me to get lost in lala land while working out LOL

AshleyLaurent 05-28-2011 11:10 AM

I workout with tons of different types of music, but my favorite is Justice. Try..(D.A.N.C.E)

fatferretfanatic 05-28-2011 11:16 AM

Ashley, I totally second your suggestion. I love working out with Justice. I'm more of an electronic music person when I work out because I love getting lost in the music. In any case, I also listen to Daft Punk whilst working out, or whatever pandora puts on my Justice station

Ally Michelle 05-28-2011 11:20 AM

Haha I like listening to MGMT...but im more of an alternative chick :)

fatferretfanatic 05-28-2011 12:01 PM

I love MGMT too for workout. <3

fitness4life 05-28-2011 01:03 PM

Big muscular guys at the gym always request heavy metal before a big lift. Personally, I like my "angry" music while lifting or running. I particularly like Candlebox, but I can't play that publicly due to too many F words.

But I also like inspiring music or music that crescendos. "try one time" by Ben Harper, or "She sells sanctuary" by the cult (long version) are my favs, especially for running.

I wonder, sometimes when I'm running outside and either singing the lyrics or moving my hands to the beat, if i look like a total dork to those driving by. But you know what? That's what being in "the zone" is all about. I love that.

You're right. Music makes a big diff for a work out..

AshleyLaurent 05-28-2011 05:35 PM

oooh...I Like MGMT too! Although, I'm not afraid to bring back the oldies too. Dancing Queen by ABBA. I really need a great beat to put me in the mood!

Angry music is cool too. When I ran, I was always looking for music that would have the perfect tempo to match my running beat and listen over and over again to it. (You can't listen to music while running in Cross Country team.)

fatferretfanatic, pandora is a great idea when working out! I've discovered some great music on there. Daft punk is great also. It seems we have similar music tastes in exercise. Very cool!

FatPantsSkinnyJeans 05-28-2011 06:18 PM

My "Diva" station on Pandora... it's all songs that are in the same vein as "Diva" by Beyonce. I'm all about the girl power/hip hop/heavy beats when I'm gettin' sweaty. :)

TerraIncognita 05-28-2011 07:33 PM

Ok, so I don't listen to music during exercise since I do a lot of biking and that's kind of dangerous, but I love that you all have awesome music taste. Justice is awesome, so is Daft Punk. Also, if you think you'd like corny raunchy euro-pop, Junior Senior is AMAZING for exercise. It's really fun and upbeat.

doubtingJulia 05-28-2011 07:51 PM

NERD ALERT! NERD ALERT!

Lately I've been listening to Brahms Symphony #4 when I've been running. The fourth movement is all angry and loud and really gets me through the end. It's about the right time too.

A lot of Beethoven's piano sonatas are good for that too.

mypinkpolkadot 05-28-2011 08:19 PM

I was gonna make a thread just like this one a few days ago, but totally forgot! Glad you did :D

Anything that gets me going, songs you can dance too.. Even though you're not dancing, although I will shake my booty on the elliptical now and then. hehe

mypinkpolkadot 05-28-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitness4life (Post 3868347)
Personally, I like my "angry" music while lifting or running.

I like the "angry" music too:D

fitness4life 05-28-2011 11:58 PM

Have any of you ever heard of this one band...I'm probably gonna get the name wrong bc I JUST heard them for the first time last week - The Toxic Air Event? Or something with toxic and air in it.

Anyway, the live performance I saw on TV had string instruments but it was rock genre. So cool the crescendo effect. So spot on interpreting human emotion into music.

AshleyLaurent 05-29-2011 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doubtingJulia (Post 3868635)
NERD ALERT! NERD ALERT!

Lately I've been listening to Brahms Symphony #4 when I've been running. The fourth movement is all angry and loud and really gets me through the end. It's about the right time too.

A lot of Beethoven's piano sonatas are good for that too.

LOL. Its ok. Due to my Bachelor's in Piano Performance and playing in the Symphonies since birth, I too listen to an ungodly amount of classical music.

I love ballet music for dancing. and when I mean dancing. I mean living room dancing.

fitness4life- The Airbourne Toxic Event. Such a cool band! Thanks for the suggestion! I must admit, I love bands that use strings and horns in their music!

fitness4life 05-29-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyLaurent (Post 3868778)
LOL. Its ok. Due to my Bachelor's in Piano Performance and playing in the Symphonies since birth, I too listen to an ungodly amount of classical music.

I love ballet music for dancing. and when I mean dancing. I mean living room dancing.

fitness4life- The Airbourne Toxic Event. Such a cool band! Thanks for the suggestion! I must admit, I love bands that use strings and horns in their music!

Thanks for the correct name of that band! Since you like strings and horns, I'm gonna ask you if you've heard of this other band, but like above, I can't remember the whole name.

It's a guy who performs a lot in Breckenridge, CO. The Charlie something band. I saw him "with horns" as it was billed. Holy cow. They had a baritone sax! String bass, trumpet, all with rock music electric guitar ( I think, it was long ago and it was also a Patron night ;) ). Do you know who I'm talking about?