3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Can't Remember The Name- Please Help! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/234088-cant-remember-name-please-help.html)

Kayecee 05-25-2011 06:58 PM

Can't Remember The Name- Please Help!

I was recently looking at a variety of exercise programs. One of the latest ones has videos and a home gym type of thing that you attach to the door or a hook you can mount to the ceiling. It claimed to be more effective than P90X.

I was going to make a final decision and order a program or two this Friday, but now I can't find this one again to compare against the others! I'm so frustrated! Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If so, can ya give a girl a name? :dizzy:

Thanks in advance! :carrot:

BTW Right now, I'm thinking Hip Hop Abs and Brazillian Butt Lift are probably the front runners.

Koolmum 05-25-2011 07:00 PM

Is it TRX Suspension Training?

ddc 05-25-2011 07:13 PM

Sounds like a suspension trainer.
There are several out there now besides TRX. Two that come to mind are the Lifeline Jungle Gym and the Rip 60.

Kayecee 05-25-2011 07:28 PM

Yes! Those things are it!!!! The one I was looking at was over $100, but some of those are about $50. Has anyone used them? Any preferences?

Thank y'all! *smooches*

Koolmum 05-25-2011 07:40 PM

I have only used the TRX so I'm not much help in comparing. Sorry.
I bought one used for $50.

Kayecee 05-25-2011 07:50 PM

Do you like and use it? Does it get results?

fitness4life 05-26-2011 09:44 AM

I use it in my boot camp classes. My clients have a love/hate relationship with it. They hate it because of the many ways it challenges the body, but they love it because it clearly works.

I would totally recommend the TRX straps. I haven't used any other brand to compare, though.

Oh - and they all love how cool they look using it! They want me to take pics of them to show off. :D

Koolmum 05-26-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayecee (Post 3865132)
Do you like and use it? Does it get results?

Love it! I use it with a trainer a couple of times a week. It's a total body workout with very clear results. I love toned arms and this definately got me over the threshold to actually looking like I work out!
I really love that you can modify your workout to whatever level you're at.

mkroyer 05-27-2011 11:50 AM

i dont like them at all... i have one..... i dont find it challenging eough. I prefer to lift heavy

fitness4life 05-28-2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkroyer (Post 3867204)
i dont like them at all... i have one..... i dont find it challenging eough. I prefer to lift heavy

I can see where their recommended exercises lack. While offering it to clients to try tonight, there were some things that I said to not even try as their fitness level well exceeded the scope of the bands. However, they offer a different option of core work than any RB, stab or bosu ball can offer.

Have you tried putting your feet in, and straight arm plank a stability ball? Then do an inverted V up? That is my new goal. Along with putting my hands in and doing a horizontal T hold. I can only do like a 75% horizontal T hold.

If that's too easy for you, holy moly, you totally rock more than I already thought!