Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #16  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

- Complete a triathlon (did a "practice" last weekend, and my first "real" one is THIS SATURDAY)

- Have a sport or activity (I think it will be triathlon; I love to bike and swim, and I can live with running if I have to) that I've adopted so that my goal-driven self will exercise with purpose and maintain permanent lifestyle change.

- Wear cycling apparel like I was born to it. I mean...in some brands, a waist on XXL size women's cycling clothing is 31 inches. What???!!!
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #17  

My goal is to complete c25k, run a 5k this spring and a 10k this fall, half-marathon for next year, and then in 2 years (my 50th birthday) run a MARATHON!!!!
cyndeejane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I want to be a Zumba/Hip Hop instructor! I have the skills, but just need to work on my stamina. I will do it though!
fitkristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 225/225/135

Height: 5'3

I have always wanted to run. Just get out there and run. I've been a life long smoker and overweight most of my adult life so I used that as an excuse for why I couldn't. Well as of this week I've begun taking Chantix to help me quit smoking. Mothers day is my actual quit date. I am still overweight but I want to try to run at short intervals at first. I'm gonna do it may be slow at first but I'll get there!
AmyLynn76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #20  

I don't have any real cardio or strength goals at this time (just working on not being sedentary and working up to walking a 5K next week), but I have flexibility goals. I'm currently working on doing right and left splits, being able to lie on the floor during a straddle pose, as well as being able to hold a king pigeon pose. I'm pretty flexible already, but a lot of yoga poses are not yet possible because my belly and breasts are in the way.
TerraIncognita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:25 AM   #21  
Lone Locust of Apocalypse

S/C/G: 310/310/150

Height: 5'6"

I'd like to learn how to swim. There was never a reason to learn since there isn't much water here, but it's a nice skill to have. Besides, I haven't been in a bathing suit in years! I'd like to get into tennis and a couple of types of martial arts. Right now, I'm easily winded by riding my bike, so I've got to to build up my stamina, that way I can keep up. I really want to be able do the splits. It'd be great to do a pull up, Scoot! I couldn't even do one for my PE exam in high school.

I've also toyed with the idea of joining or starting a belly dance troupe. Lol, first I'd have to learn how to belly dance.
Regera Dowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:21 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 91/68/65 kg

Height: 172 cm 5ft8

I have done a few olympic distance triathlons and
Placed in the top 20 but I want to eventually get top 10 or big crazy dream is to win a medal ha ha (in my dreams!)
tarryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:37 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 93/78/65 kg

Height: 172 cm

A few months ago I would have said just get back to easy running ..... but now I am running again my dreams have got a little bigger (very quickly ..... I was dreaming after the first kilometre) ...

A marathon before I'm 40 .... (I have had this dream since I was 30 and now I'm 38)

I'd also like to look cute in exercise gear .....
HMM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #24  
I am Resilient

S/C/G: 227/ticker/160

Height: 5'10''

I've always wanted to be an instructor and help inspire others!

I passed the Hardstyle Kettlebell Certification last weekend and will begin instructing kettlebell bootcamp classes next week, I'm so excited

I am currently training for the Russian Kettlebell Challenge (RKC) in August. I also plan to add a few more certifications on top of that in time. As for specific strength goals, I want to be able to do push-ups from my toes, pull-ups, 1 leg squats and complete the Secret Service snatch test (SSST) - 200 kettlebell snatches in 10 minutes or less.

It's going to be a very busy year!
kmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #25  
Creepin' in the Corner

S/C/G: 300/272/160

Height: 5'5"

I want to be a jogger. LOL simple right? I tried it a few times, and got my self esteem crushed by jerks passing by in cars.
I've been doing lots of work-outs at home, and landscaping around the house to help get in shape.
I want to be able to go backpacking in other countries and have the stamina to do so.
retrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote