Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-29-2011, 03:41 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 129/127.5/112

Height: 5'0.5" (It matters!)

Thanks, that's great to hear Aunt Sheshie. I'll keep you posted when I give it a go next week! I'm looking forward to it.

So... it's fun... but is it effective? Do you think that the weight you've lost is due to Zumba.. or are you doing other exercise or strict dieting that are probably responsible for it? Because I'm only a student, and as much as I'm willing to put money into losing weight, I need to be able to justify it to myself. :P
cantgetenoughchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 212/Ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I'm finding it very challenging to learn all the steps, but seriously...that's half the fun! My daughter is 9 and she has a hard time keeping up so I just told her that as long as you keep moving...dancing to the music, it doesn't matter if you do the steps perfectly. It really is a blast. Doesn't feel like exercise at all.
wabrouq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 266/199/165

Height: 5'7

If you go to Zumba regularly the steps just sort of come. I always get nervous when my instructor throws a new song at us but I just follow her lead and if I cant get a step I just shake my boootay! lol

The main thing with Zumba is to keep moving and feel the music! I'm actually on my way to class @ 11! Excited!!!!
LilMissLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #19  

LilMissLi, so true... I felt like such a klutz when I started, but it didn't take long to learn most of the steps... there are still some I have trouble with, but I don't worry about it... funny you mentioned the new songs!.. next week, we're supposed to have all new music & routines & I'm excited to see what they are & how I'll do...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:56 AM   #20  

Luvs Zumba -- I have been to 2 classes and 1` sh-bam class and both are great. It is addictive, too bad I waited so long to give it a try. I feel since it is so fast paced even when you miss the steps it is not noticable because everyone is so in tuned to it.
LindsaysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote