Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/174/155

ohhhhh boxing! i went to a personal trainer for a month (got sucked into buying a package after i took advantage of a free session, but had to stop because it was like $80/session, and i'm simply not baller enough for that) and one session, we did some boxing. it was an amazing workout! gets your heart going for sure! i would love to try it again!
mel23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

"baller enough," hahaha that is hilarious!

I'm glad you liked it! For some reason I am too terrified to actually try it and keep telling myself once I shed some more weight I'll give it a shot.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I want to try a kickboxing class. I'm planning to try it in a couple of weeks. I used to have the Tae-bo DVDs and loved it. Plus, I think the reducing stress aspect of if willl be AWESOME.
jenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:45 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Eliana - Do the hike with the scouts! I did Philmont 10 years ago (wow I feel kinda old.. hrmm) and it is an experience I will never forget. We did 70 miles in 12 days and that was when I was out of shape! I was the only girl in the crew and had to tent with my dad for protocol. I would go back if I could in a heartbeat.

As for me, I want to try surfing. Here I am in California and I've never tried for fear of sucking. That ends this summer. I WILL do it.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:03 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

For anyone curious about climbing, DO IT! I used to rock climb competitively and it's one of the best exercises out there. It combines cardio, full-body strength training, and flexibility. Plus it's one of those real life/natural movement activities, so those of you who like me subscribe to the believe that natural movements are better exercise than machines will love it.

Climbing can be super easy or insanely difficult, it just depends on the route. Starting off in a gym is fine, because sometimes there is all there is available, but nothing beats an outdoor climb. Many cities and towns have outdoor adventure clubs with climbing trips. Climbing gyms often also organize weekend trips to rocks. Check those out for getting started. Climbing is intimidating because there's so much equipment involved, but going with expert leaders who can set up the ropes makes it super easy.

happy climbing!!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #21  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

This is going to sound really "basic", I think...but I really want to take up running. I've always been envious of my friends who post on FB about their daily runs, but I've always been semi-anxious about it because of, well, my weight. (Plus, I'll admit, I'm self-conscious. I hate the idea of people seeing me and thinking, "God, look at that cow running." Silly, I know.)

But after reading about the Couch to 5K plan, I think that it's something I can do (even if I have to stretch the program out over a longer period.) The stories I've read here from other members have totally encouraged me.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote