Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #1  

Default I outran the tiny girl at the gym ;)

I went to the gym and I out run the tiny girl at the gym, and that feels nice! lol

Proves a point that no matter how "small" you are dosent mean anything.. I weigh 195 and ran 5 miles, girl that weighted probably 120 did only under 1mile and huffing and puffing..

Dont judge book by its cover
LA85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

lol- I SUCK at running and I'd probably be that girl too- I try and try and yet it still takes me like 16 minutes to run a mile!

I've always said being thin is not a judgement of how healthy you are.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #3  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

I'd be that girl, too. I can't even run a mile. I am proud of myself for running for a minute and a half straight though... I probably could have made it to 2 minutes. I'm working myself up to being able to run.

But you're right... Just 'cause you're skinny doesn't mean you're fit.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

And just because you're not good at running doesn't mean you aren't fit. Think about it. You do one thing, and your body is used to that, and you try something else and it seems *really* hard, right? At least until your body adapts. So the thinner girl might be good at other things and is just learning to run.
None of us want to be judged by our size.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Height: 5'6"

Thats why I don't get on a treadmill at the gym when anyone else is nearby... I don't want people judging me on my fitness level. I'm self conscious about it enough. I can do the elliptical for 2 hours and feel GREAT - and I can't run a mile without feeling like I'm going to keel over.
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #6  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I don't care about other people doing more or less than me... but I find that I will work HARDER if I'm running the treadmill with other people nearby. Not to compare my body size with theirs or anything (I really don't care about that part of it when I'm exercising... trying on clothes is another matter though... )... but to compare speeds, lengths of time, etc. Each of us have different goals... and I'm a bit of a competitive person.

I really want to start running again... but I'm afraid of another shin splint...
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #7  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Awe, I don't think this post is about judging anyone. I think it's about an ego boost, and we're all due a good one now and then.

Good for you, and regardless of who you're better than, I am quite impressed with your 5 miles!! I am only just up to 5 miles myself. Congratulations!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote