Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 04:32 PM   #61  

Hi guys!

I was reading your posts, and really enjoyed them! I am being to walk again consistantly. I have a treadmill in my bedroom, and a TV mounted on the ceiling, so I have no excuses! I live in Wisconsin with my DH and two great kids. We also have a lab and Irish Setter, so walking fast outside is always an option!

I hope to get to know all of you. I walked 30 minutes today at work, it is a balmy 43 degrees here. I am also following the WW plan and hope to lose 30 pounds by summer (I was at lifetime a year ago, bad eating year....)

Anyway, good luck with your walks today, and congrats to all of you losing the weight and getting fit!
Old 01-07-2003, 06:56 PM   #62  
Finally Fit!

Hey Ladies! Sounds like we're recruiting some great people to walk with us into the new year! I lvoe that commercial where the couple plants their TV on the celing, always tihnk how cool that would be. Looking at the celing, what a novel idea! I never usually do that, but it would eleviate my back problems i'm sure.

Did great today, and gearing up for a cleansing day of veggies and fruit. Hoping I have aerobics tomorrow night. and wakling my butt off every singel day. That's gotta count for something right? Still one mile, although sometimes I grab my bike and bike the mile twice again. Looking forward to better weather too. ick, it's bitter cold here. 29 degrees.

Starting: 210
Current: 158
Goal: 150 -- so close!
Old 01-07-2003, 09:17 PM   #63  

Angry Hey - I'm new!

and I'd like to join! I HATE excercising, but I'm going to do it this time (lose weight that is) and I know I have to excercise to make that goal a reality. So I guess I'm here, I'm motivated and I willing to offer support to others... Let's walk!
Old 01-08-2003, 05:11 PM   #64  

Height: 5'7

Hi and welcome to all the newbies!
Thanks for everyone's motivation, I'm doing better and am slowly getting back on track. It's actually in the 50s here today so I'm taking a long walk with the dog. I've got the walking back into shape lately, now I need to work on the food things and try to eat a little less. Well slow and steady wins the race, so I have to be patient.
Everyone sounds like they're doing great, it keeps me positive to read about all the walking thats going on! keep it up ..I will too
Old 01-08-2003, 05:23 PM   #65  

Well, I got in 25 minutes on Monday and then 35 minutes today.
I am so close to that 30lb mark that I can taste it!!!!!!! Hopefully I will have reached it by weeks end!!!!
Old 01-09-2003, 02:07 AM   #66  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Go WNYmom Go! You'll reach that 30 lb mark for sure.

RubyBlue: My kind of town, Chicago is... Love to visit your town soon. I like 50 degree weather to walk in. Makes me walk faster. I just got back from Vegas and it averaged 55 and it was just perfect for walking--barely even broke a sweat. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Everyone else doing ok? 2003 promises to be a good year for all of us. Let's just go out and do it!
I got in 3.39 miles today (56 minutes) and I'm feeling kind of tired but a good kind of tired. well, that's all for now. I'll check back w/y'all tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:58 AM   #67  

Hi guys, I missed my walk yesterday, and I had a real problem dealing with it mixed emotions..I chose Sundays as my days off except for my yoga..love that..now I'm contemplating wed..yesterday was an accident well busy, busy..Maybe I'll just take it each week one at a time. However, I did do my walkin today..4.5 incline 3.3 speed 1.5 miles. And I have to say it felt good..I've been feeling really good I have to say I didn't lose this week infact I gained 1.5 lbs. but I'm not going to let it get me down..a friend told me it's from workin out and my muscles are probably swollen to give it 3 weeks..Ok..I'll go for that. Does any one else out there watch Dr. Phil? I don't catch it every day..but the day he did new years resolutions I did . And something he said struck me..He said
Quote:
When it comes to weight you can only control what you do, your environment and your eating, but you can't control how your body reacts to it. So when making goals they should be about what you have control of not pounds.
That really helped me put it all in perspective..he was so right..And so here I am rambling on..Till tomorrow..have a great day.. Oh VanGogh..I'm with ya on the hating to exercise BUT..it's good for us.. Don't ya know..it has only been a week for me..but I feel so much better my moods have lifted tremendously..so fight it..and do it..and you won't regret it..
Old 01-09-2003, 08:59 AM   #68  
Finally Fit!

Love having newbies drop in!! Love the different avators too, they're awesome! I've finally bought the Pilates DVD,a nd i'm ready to start toning up! Even had aerobics yesterday, after waiting all December to start back up. Sweat like I was on fire.. which I"m glad about, get my money's worth (ha ha)... It's bitter cold, and slick outside, so i'm realying on Dvd and class to get me by until I can feel more confident abot walking again. Thank God for standby plans. Can't stop exercising, body loves it,a nd i'm motivated again. Get me while i'm hot. Can't wait for Spring, cause i'm gonna bike my heart out. Not to cheat on the walkers, but i need some variation.. dont' kick me outta this thread!! Love you girls, and love the support I get from you. Noelle's (hawaii girl) a great cheerleader. A little bird told me.

WNY Mom: You are so good! Keep it up, and we'll all be on the beach, strutting our stuff. if no the beach, I'm willing to start a streak!! (did I say that?!)
Old 01-09-2003, 09:16 AM   #69  

Quote:
Originally posted by SvelteChicky

WNY Mom: You are so good! Keep it up, and we'll all be on the beach, strutting our stuff. if no the beach, I'm willing to start a streak!! (did I say that?!)
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Yes the beach is in the forcast for this summer. We go to the beach for a week every summer!!!!!!!!! It would be great to be able to not look like a beached whale when we go this summer!

I just wish I could get past this 180 mark!!!!!! I have been hanging out there for way to long. I wanted to drop 15lbs by V-Day but not it doesn't look good unless things start to happen really quickly!!!!!!!!! I have been in the 180-181 range for over 2½ weeks!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2003, 11:09 PM   #70  

My first check in with the group! My husband and I are taking turns on the tread mill - every other night and swing dance on Wednesdays. (too cold in WI to commit to walking out doors right now!) So this was my first 'walk night' since joining, but my fourth night walking since my personal commitment. I'm currently at about 40 minutes and a steady pace of 3.0 - a comfortable and more importantly, a long term commitable pace for me. I can't believe I'm getting pumped about excercise!

Sounds like everyone else is on track too! For those of you who are feeling frustrated - don't give up, remember it's not the scale that counts most, it's how much better you feel. Keep at it walkers - we're gonna look great this summer!

First weight in back on WW this Saturday morning - wish me luck!
Old 01-10-2003, 08:46 AM   #71  
Finally Fit!

Good luck on your weigh-in. May be good news! You sound motivated, and swing dancing is quite an activity.. sweating at the thought.

Can't believe the weather yesterdayt, unseasonably warm. Had to break out my bike, even got hubby onto his!! That was awesome! We biked, maybe 2 miles, it ws like 58 degrees out here, and the sun ws out... madem e pine for Spring. Of corse, we're back in the 30's today. But we were able to feel that wind in the face, then I took doggie out, and walked the same route. Doing it during the day is so great, cause the rest of hte day I can feel good that I got it done. I like it, overall, but sometimes I feel so tired midday... taht blood sugar thing probably I hear about. But felt realyl exhilirating... and time with hubby is golden to me. Quit the cleansing day, by lunch I was dying for peanut butter. Had dfrosted cabbage soup from last week. Made a vat of the stuff. Isn't the same consistency, kinda stringy.. zuchinni looks different.. turned me off. So, I"m not gonna do that anymore. Makes me dream of protein and milk all day. I'm better moderating, and not restricting. It worked for a day, now i'm over it.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:29 PM   #72  
so close, yet so far...

Got in my 6th consecutive day of walking yesterday. Lacing up my shoes as we speak to shoot for 7.

Hope everyone out there has a happy, healthy and wonderful day.

Aloha!
Old 01-11-2003, 12:33 PM   #73  
Finally Fit!

I love that sparkle you're having lately. you are doing so good.. huff and puff, we'll all still be here, lovin ya the whole way... keep it up... walk walk walk
Old 01-12-2003, 09:47 AM   #74  

Hello everyone - didn't get a chance to check in after 'walk night' last night. Crazy day, my daughter's birthday party and home improvement projects kept me busy.

Started off my day with a 6.6 lb loss at my first WW weigh in. Yeah! That kept me very motivated to choose wisely at my daughter's birthday party and stay with in my points. It also got me on the tread mill last night. So far so good. I really appreciate being able to check in here and just say, "Hey look, I'm still doing this, just need someone to know."

I really envy Red Hot though, the sky is so dull and dreary here in WI and it's so cold, a little Hawaiian sunshine would certainly lift my spirits! Wish I could be walking with you! I think I'll try thinking about walking in Hawaii on my next turn on the tread mill. Maybe that will motivate me into a new bikini! (That mental image is very scary right now! LOL)

WNYmom - don't give up! Been there done that, unfortunately I gave up and I've regreted it for 7 years. You'll get past that plateau, I know it's frustrating and it may take a little more time, but you will. Hang in there, we're all with you!

Well that's all for now. Keep walking ladies, it's new bikinis by summer! (Ok, so more like a tankini or something a little more modest, at least it'll be smaller!)
Old 01-12-2003, 01:22 PM   #75  
so close, yet so far...

Way to go VanGogh! 6.6 lbs is totally awesome. Keep it up. Yup, that sun sure feels good. On my next walk I will think about how cold it is in other parts of the country when I am feeling grumpy by it's glaring brightness in my eyes. Here's sending some Hawaiian sunshine your way.

Hope everyone has a terrific day. Walk, walk, walk.
Closed Thread