Lazy Daisy No More!

• I finally decided once and for all to get off the couch, stop thinking about exercising and just do it! I have a terrible habit of reading about exercising, and visualizing myself doing it...and then not doing it! I am a procrastinator. Anyway, I started watching Village on a Diet and Biggest Loser to get motivated to work out. If they can do it, so can I. I have also ordered a DVD by Jillian Michaels called 30 Day Shred. Has anyone tried it? I am somewhat limited as to what I can do because there is no gym here (I live in a remote arctic village) and it is winter 9 months of the year. These days, it is between -30C and -45C with the windchill. It got as cold as -54C one day during a blizzard. I would love to walk outside, but it's not going to happen. For now, sit ups, push ups, manual treadmill (I hate it) and Turbo Jam dvd (bought this one years ago and just used it the other day!)
  • Oh you sound like me. I think and think and Think, but I very rarely do it. I have that video and did it once. It totally kicked my butt, but it goes by quickly. I think I might start using it again.

Wow. nine months out of the year for winter? Have you thought about ordering a wii maybe? You can get games and vary your work outs.
  • I too like watching the Biggest Loser for motivation even though I know it is unrealistic ..... Good luck with the DVD ... I think that one sounds a little tough for me at the moment... sounds like you live in an interesting place!!