Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2001, 05:20 AM   #1  

i've wanted one for forever, but i'd like some feedback on how good it is before i go out and get one. thanks.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:22 AM   #2  

Smile YES!!!!

Hi Breathing,
Yes, we ordered a bowflex about 6 weeks ago, and we love it. We got the cheapest one, so we can't do all of the exercises, but we can do most of them. They are pricey, but it worked out to about $27 a month, so not too bad. It was easy to put together, too. My husband is seeing good results on his upper body, and I can tell the difference in my arms and legs. Make sure that you have room for it, though, because mine is in my kitchen next to my washer and dryer, which actually is good, because I feel guilty if I don't use it. The best thing, I think, is that it has motivated me to exercise. On the days that I don't use the bowflex, I've started doing my Blast Off videos that were collecting dust, and now the pounds are starting to come off! It really is fun to use, and I feel so proud of myself when I finish my workout! I definitely recommend it.
Old 10-11-2002, 10:09 PM   #3  

Nettie

Do you mine me asking what it cost you. The one you have, can you upgrade it? I have always wanted one too.. .but just though to expensive, or to hard to do, or to hard to set up... I remember hearing someone saying the shipping charges are like $ 300.00
Is that right?
Old 10-17-2002, 12:14 PM   #4  

Angry

Hi, 1day@atime,
No, I don't mind you asking. For the basic bowflex and an extra 100 pounds (salesman talked husband into buying more weight), it cost $798. Shipping was $99. I think the extra weight was $100, and we didn't need it. The basic bowflex comes with 210 pounds, which is plenty. Yes, you can upgrade by ordering a leg extension or an overhead pull-down bar. Each is about $200, though, so it might be cheaper in the long run to just buy the next best bowflex. Just to warn you, when we made the minimum payment, the next bill is a couple dollars more, so the interest is pretty high, not sure what though right off hand. I am glad we bought it though. Hope this helped!
Annette
Old 11-20-2002, 01:45 PM   #5  

Hello to all. My boyfriend just ordered a Crossbow from Sears. They have a webpage: www.thecrossbow.com. It is almost exactly like a Bowflex, but it's about 1/3 the cost. It should be in on Friday. I'll post again after I use it.
Closed Thread