Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Default confused about lean body mass

I remember asking this question before and getting an answer but I'm still confused.

Can lean body mass tell you anything about what your goal weight should be? Do some people have more lean body mass than others?

I recently had a body fat evaluation and was told that I have 125 lbs of LBM and 66 lbs of fat (yikes.) I also got a grid that said that my BF percentage was in the "normal" range for my age, but it is not in the "ideal" range (max of 28%)

So, I was trying to figure out how many pounds of fat I'd have to lose to be in the ideal range of BF and the way I figured, if I lost fifteen pounds of fat and my LBM stayed the same, I'd be at 28% BF and could then decide if I wanted to call that goal. But does that make sense? Because I also think that someone here told me that I'd probably lose LBM as I lost weight, although that doesn't seem to be true, because my LBM was the same last time I had it measured, about fifty or more pounds ago.

So, does anyone understand this stuff enough to explain to me how it works?
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote