Bought real running shoes today!!!

• My christmas gift to my self I'm really excited. Went to an actual running store, in spite of the fact that I felt extremely self conscious at this weight, and more than anything, I just wanted to order a bunch from zappos and hope I chose well. However, I sucked up the fear, and they did the gait analysis thing, measured my feet, had me walk around in a few different pairs of shoes, and were super nice. I ended up getting a pair of Brooks that turned out to be on sale So I also picked up a much needed sports bra

I'm starting C25K soon. I'm not even able to do 60 second runs right now, so I took my favorite cardio playlist, imported the songs into an audio editor and added beeps every 60 and 90 seconds (based on week 1 of C25K). This morning (before I got my new shoes), I tried to complete week 1, but struggled, so I'm considering this "Pre-week" 1. I'll just keep using my playlist with beeps until I'm actually able to complete the first segment. I figure I will definitely need to spend more than the recommended amount of time for each week, but I'll get there. Even if it takes 9 months instead of 9 weeks, I will get there
  • Congrats!!! I remember the "thrill" of getting my first REAL pair of running sneaks...they DO make life soooo much easier for a runner!

BTW, When I started running end of September, I could only run 30 secs, walk 2 min. and repeat for 20 min. I now run and hour and I run 4+ miles 3-4 times a week! Just stay regular and realize you'll have days that you have endless energy, followed by days where you think your gonna die after the first 5 minutes! Happy trails!
  • Congrats on the New Shoes! Good Luck on the Brooks, I too overpronate. The Brooks hurt my arch so I went with Nike Zoom Triax 13's and I'm on my 3rd pair, they work! Just throwing that out there, if you 'ever' feel uncomfy with any new ache in your feet especially after new shoes, time for new shoes, lol. I'm serious these stores will take them back (well most these sorts of stores) Good Luck!
  • I double checked the return policy...no problem to return if I use them a couple weeks and find them painful
  • That's great I never realized what a difference proper running shoes would make until I bought my first pair ... not that they have been worn much in the past few months lol but changing that.
  • Yay Spix! I love nothing more than a good pair of running shoes. I've only had one pair of Brooks, they were ok. A little short for my liking, I always felf like my heel was going to slip out. I'm an asics girl, but no matter what shoe I get I always need an insole because of my arches. There are very few shoes that provide good arch support.

Tell me more about the Nike's twinmomma. I've met very few runners who like Nike's, good to know someone is using them for something other than fashion