3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Another 4 week challenge please join (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/21979-another-4-week-challenge-please-join.html)

madtypist 11-14-2002 11:15 PM

Another 4 week challenge please join

We are off for another 4 week challenge starting Nov ll, so please join in.

Have a great week...

lodyangel 11-15-2002 08:02 AM

Hello Madtypist! I am in! My goal this time will be 50 miles. I am doing more on the elliptical machine, and I can get my mileage in more quickly on the machine than when i actually walk. ( No impact on the knees...no hills....)

I have 3 miles in so far.

You know I really liked it when someone kept track of what everyone had done, and posted it weekly. It was easier to see how everyone else was doing. I would volunteer to do this if that is okay with everyone else... Let me know what you think.

Kina 11-15-2002 03:43 PM

Hello everyone. You can see me on my avatar sending big "I love you's" Okay well I know the last challenge ended and I was sort of invisible. That is because school has me swamped and over my head just to think I am already looking forward to the next semester. Aaaaarrrrrgh!

Anyway I did not complete my mileage. I only made 43. So I will continue. Until we talk again.
Kina

amberc4614 11-15-2002 04:20 PM

what is the 4 week challenge?

madtypist 11-15-2002 06:47 PM

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up for another round, I have been doing good this past week, getting some exercising in.

Lodyangel that is fine by me if you want to keep track that is great.

Amberc4614 the 4 week chall. is you keep track of your milage by whatever exercising you are doing and post your weekly totals and also set a goal for yourself for the 4 weeks. Hope you join.

Have a great weekend ladies.

Suzanne :) oh ya my goal for the month is 45 miles. ;)

2cutekids 11-17-2002 02:53 PM

I hope that you don't mind if I join. I will try for 60 miles.4 miles in today.
Tanya

cac 11-18-2002 08:35 AM

I'm in. during the last challenge I averaged exersize 3 times a week. I would like to increase this to 4 times a week and start my breathing exersize (it helps my asthma).

Good luck to everyone!

madtypist 11-18-2002 10:22 AM

Welcome 2cutekids,

I am in for 7.5 miles last week, between walking and doing the walk away the pounds tape, my vcr ate my tape yesterday so that is a big drag.

I will have to get into Walmart this week and get another. I don't like being without that. It is so easy to do a mile, I will be getting the 2 mile tape this time.

Have a great week everyone!!!!!!!:)

Suzanne

2cutekids 11-18-2002 10:38 AM

Hi Susanne I am sorry to hear that you are out of a tape I don't konw what I would do with out my tapes. Although I don't have thoses tapes. I you the treadmill. I hope that counts aswell. I was able to get 8.5 miles in this weekend. I won't be on the treadmill till wednesday. I do weight training tapes 4 days a week and treadmill 3 days a week. I hope I still fit in your group.
Tanya

2cutekids 11-18-2002 10:41 AM

Susanne what part of Canada are you from?
Tanya

amberc4614 11-19-2002 05:14 PM

I am going to have to join the next challenge :) Do you use pedometers to track your miles??? Any suggestions on a good one???

Kina 11-21-2002 11:44 PM

Amber you can join this challenge just set your goal reasonably to what is left of the challenge we only got started so not much time has passed.

welcome all the new thread members. This is great thread that got started way back when. It has been a great tool for myself to get me moving and also moving the scale in the right direction. Make yourself comfortable but not too comfortable you still have to get your mileage in. *Wink*

Melody it wouldn't be a bad idea. At the same time I think it keeps everyone motivated to get those last 5 miles in before the big day. You know what i mean. I posted earlier and didn't post my commitment and I didn't even place the subscription for the thread so I wasn't getting any notices. So great! If you can keep up with all of us that is great and if you need any help just holler at any one of us. Thumbs up on the elliptical machine. It is an awesome creation. I have gone from a 41 inch waist to a 39 in less than 5 months. So all I can say is that it works!

Well everybody I got a job aside from my part time job at the college. I will be working as a sales clerk at Beall's department store; needless to say, my 11 year old (soon to be 12 year old on Turkey day) is totally off the wall that her mom will be working for the store the supplies Tommy Hilfiger. First thing out of her mouth was "Mom do you get a discount?" then the next question was "Mom you think you can buy me something...if it's on sale?" Of course she would throw that in for points. I doubt that I will be shopping there much as it is it's only part time job and the pay is very modest.

Well I better get going. I haven't taken a peek at my homework that is due Saturday. Thank goodness the semester is almost over. Woohoo!

Talk to you all later. Oh Melody is you are going to keep track put me down for 50 miles. It will be tough to squeeze it in but I am going to try. I have too look back when we started to count up what I have already. I'll let you know.

Bye. Kina

Manatees 11-22-2002 03:43 PM

Hi All

So glad to see we have another challenge going. I think my goal will be 50 miles. When does the challenge end??? I just need to make sure how much time I have.

2cutekids 11-24-2002 04:52 PM

You can put me down for 10 miles this week that I have done. and when does this challange end.
Tanya

madtypist 11-25-2002 07:34 PM

Hey to all!!!!!!!!

I am from Ontario Tanya, and getting ready for winter uggggggghhhhhh, I don't like the winter.

This challenge started on Nov. ll, so it will run till Dec. 9th I guess.

Wow Kina you are doing very well that is a lot of inches to loose, I agree the exercising really does work, even tho the scales don't move you see a diff. in your clothes and measurements.

I have done 17.5 miles so far this time, I took my other walking tape back and got a new one, whew, glad to have that back. Well ladies I'm off for my nightly walk, ttyl.

Have a great week!!!!!!!

Suzanne