Lbs. weights for 30 day shred?

• Hello folks,

I just did day 2 on 30 day shred. I only have 8 lbs. weights at home so I've been using those and I can hardly lift my arms now because they're SO tired from the moves on the dvd. Does Jillian ever mention how many lbs. the weight should be or do people just use whatever? Thanks for your input!
  • 8lb is very impressive! I have 3lb, 5lb and 10lb weights that I use for Jillian, depending on the exercise. The 10lb I pretty much only use for the chest flys. And somehow I am always sore, especially if I have left a week or more in between doing the video. I don't think she says anywhere what weight you should use, although they look like 2-3lb in the video.
  • I started with 3 lbs, and now use 5 lbs as much as I can (although the V lift thing in Level 2 I can still only use 3 lbs and hate it!). I want to get some 8 lb weights for bicep work and chest flys, but need to wait until my budget can take it.
  • Use what is comfortable for you... 8lbs is a lot to start.... Go with 3 or 5lbs...
  • I always used 5s and then 8s for some of the exercises when I got stronger. 8 is just too much for my shoulders after a lot of pushups.
  • Thanks everyone. I'm soooo sore today! I will definitely invest in some 3lb and 5lb weights asap!
  • I only have 10 lbs, and boy is that one hard. I am drenched by the end.
  • I bought threes.
  • I would use 3lbs. That routine will tire quick with 8lbs for me at least.