Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-03-2010, 08:39 AM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Arrow Any good work out dvds?

I like doing dvds at home i do taebo which i love but im looking for something maybe a bit less intense for those days when ya cant fit something like that in
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Any sort of cardio salsa/zumba/dance. It's fun and whittles the waist!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:08 AM   #3  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

It's not less intense, but it's less time consuming. HiiT training can be done with or without a dvd, just use a mix of music. cathe friedrich has a really good HiiT dvd. It has 3 workouts- 30/30, 40/20, and wave pyramid. you can watch clips of these or any of her workouts on her website or utube. you can also buy the individual workouts as downloads. these cost $8 each and can be used with the workout blender, if you decided to buy several. they are all on sale now, because they just came out with the workout blender.

anyway, what i did, since i can't afford the dvd for now. is write down some of the exercises she does in the workouts. then use a timer, or a mix of music (a min. or less per song) and go all out for maybe 20 mins.

have you tried belly dancing? that can be fun for days when you want the less intense, or are tired.

or weight training. that's the original time saver w/o. easily done in 15 or less.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/160/125

Height: 5,3"

i recommend Jillian Michael 30 day shred. it is only 20-30 mins a day but man she just knows exactly how to make a workout dvd. Also it's like she knows when you wanna quit and give up because she encourages you! haha
candisleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #5  

Height: 1.67m

Quote:
Originally Posted by candisleigh View Post
i recommend Jillian Michael 30 day shred. it is only 20-30 mins a day but man she just knows exactly how to make a workout dvd. Also it's like she knows when you wanna quit and give up because she encourages you! haha
I second this. I love it
timkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/158/145

Height: 5'7

I have close to 60 exercise DVDs and VCR tapes I've collected over the years. Most of them are just collecting dust. My favorites are:

The Firm Cross-trainers - Strength (Pam Cauthen)
Debbie Siebers' Slim in 6 (for a light quick workout)
Bryan Kest's Power Yoga (2 Tone)
Ali Macgraw Yoga Mind & Body

Most of these are older - I know there are some newer, maybe better ones out there. I just hate buying DVDs that look interesting, only to find that I don't like them later. I've done that a lot it seems. If you go to the Collage Video website you can see short clips from most popular exercise videos. Good luck with your search.
Alenna 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #7  
Medifasting since 5/13/10

S/C/G: 235/???/135

Height: 5'4"

I really like:
~Windsor Pilates (they have a big series targeting different areas of the body, GREAT for toning)
~30 day shred
~yoga video by bethenny frankel
BarristerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote