Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Angry Ugghh...Sinuses!!!

I really want to work out on my elliptical but I have this head cold sinus infection and feel like somebody has punched me in the face!! I worked out yesterday and initially felt better, then got worse. I took the severe allergy benedryl and I just want to nap...
I think I am going to nap and work out in the evening. I don't care if I smell and I am in my workout clothes all day. I know if I shower I won't end up working out. So I'll stay smelly until my DH comes home. My DD is napping and now is usually when I do it but I just can't...I'll come back once I feel human. Thanks for listening to my stream of consciousness-esque post...If I don't work out today I won't beat myself up over it. I am eating on plan, and that is the important part.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:46 PM   #2  

There is a new medicine caled "Sambucol" that can knock out a cold or flu in 2 hours...if you take it at the first sign of illness.
I have used it for a couple of years...and I just don't get real sick anymore.
It is sold in a few drugstores.

You can search for it in the internet. There is a lot of info on it.
I am so happy I found out about it, as I used to get sooo very sick.
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Hmmm...
I'll have to check into that. I ended up not working out but I plan to today. Back on the horse!!
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #4  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

I have a horrible sinus infection right now...allergies + LA smog + LA dryness = 102F fever.

Here is my typical allergy relief process:
- if you have sinus pain or pressure, take Sudafed every 4-6h! I dont typically advise meds, but if you let your sinuses stay conjested the risk of infection goes way up (as done the general healing time). plus, if you let the sinus conjection develop into post-nasal drip you will get a sore throat and that hurts!
- if you a fever above 100 take advil and tylenol (alternate, do not double up!)
- sinus irrigation, yes the dreaded Netti Pot. I know its totally nasty, but if you have allergens up there this is really the only quick way to help get them out. its pretty easy, takes only a few mins. i do this daily when my allergies are inflamed
- hydrate until you cant hydrate anymore! especially with a fever, but ever without a fever your sinus cavaties will be in better shape the thinner the mucus is, hydrating facilitates that
- exercise only if you dont have a fever and you feel up to it. you likely felt better immediately after because working out release epinephrine into the blood stream (this is why some people get a mild runny nose when working out, even when they arent sick at all)
- keep up the vitamins and food intake, dont want the immune system to get run down while you are trying to recover!
disclaimer: my fever is still too high to know if im making any sense, apologies if this post is nonsense
xty is offline   Reply With Quote