3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Working out during commercials (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/218058-working-out-during-commercials.html)

pink sparkle 11-23-2010 04:38 PM

Working out during commercials

I've already done a workout for the day, but I plan to work out during Biggest Loser tonight (since it has so many commercials). Does anyone else do mini-workouts like this? Is it beneficial? If you do this, what are some of the exercises? I mostly want to focus on strength training since I've really slacked off in that area for the past two or three weeks.

nelie 11-23-2010 04:52 PM

I think any extra activity is a bonus. I don't watch commercials myself though but will sometimes watch tv when I'm exercising.

seagirl 11-23-2010 04:56 PM

I watch it on hulu so there are fewer commericials, but I usually just work out through the whole thing. I do my situps, lift my weights, stretch and then move my lap top into the kitchen and finish watching it while I clean kitchen.

rockstar87 11-23-2010 04:58 PM

It definitely can't hurt you. BL doooooes have so many commercials. I would do something with a cardio and strength component like jump squats or lunges or pushups and do it for the entire length of the commercials. I bet if you did it 5 or 6 times you'd get a pretty good workout in.

beerab 11-23-2010 04:58 PM

I do the same as seagirl, I'll work out for a good majority of the show, then before weigh ins hop in the shower and then get into bed, as soon as the show is done I'm asleep :)

So basically I'm on the treadmill from 8-9 pm :) I'm gonna do that tonight!! :D

moon safari 11-23-2010 05:50 PM

It would be useful to get your heart rate up higher during commercials and then maybe lift some handweights during the actual show.

Eliana 11-23-2010 05:58 PM

I like your idea. :D I don't see myself doing it, but hey, more power to you! I'll cheer you on from my couch. ;) It's my only down time, really, and we watch it pre-recorded.

I would suggest tricep dips off a steady chair, "jump roping" (without the rope), jumping jacks, lunges, walking lunges, wall sits for the entire commercial, squats, planks, sit ups, dead lifts, one legged dead lifts, yoga moves (I don't know any, but it sounds good), leg lifts, crunches, push ups, running in place, etc. Do you have any weights or soup cans or spaghetti jars? You could do bicep curls and lateral raises and front raises and tricep kickbacks and hammer curls and a pec fly.

pink sparkle 11-23-2010 09:08 PM

Thanks for all the comments! I'm done ha ha! I'll say I did maybe 35 minutes. Not really sure. I did strength training during all of the commercials from the first hour and some of the time the show was on. Some points were difficult because I got emotional during the makeovers.:cry: I feel good though! Thanks, Eliana, for the cheers from your couch LOL and your list of suggestions. I did many of those.