Couch to 5k

• I'm considering starting the Couch to 5k program. I'm not really focused on doing it on exactly 9 weeks, but I do want to complete it. I'm going to alternate the exercise with walking on the days that I just don't feel like running. I am doing the bikini challenge in the 100lb Club and I hope to lose 50lbs by June 1.

Has anyone here done the Couch to 5k?
  • Several persons here are doing it...myself included. I am up to Week 4 now. There is even a C25K thread...just search for it and you should find it easily. Good luck! Its fun!
  • Thank you! I'm thinking about keeping track of it in this thread. It would be easy to remember where it is.
  • You could keep track here as well as in the C25k thread. You will meet lots of new persons there as well as get tips, advice and encouragement.
  • I'm in the process of doing C25K. I hated running, but I actually find myself liking this. Now, I've had to start and stop so much in teh last month that I'm still on Week1, but I think its still a great workout and you do feel so much better. It can't hurt to try it, right? They even have an app on the Droid now, if youhave one of those, though I just went through my iTunes and created a playlist with the correct song lengths and put it in order. (if that makes sense)
    Good luck! (and sorry I'm so long winded)
  • Don't be sorry at all! I appreciate the advice.