I was thinking today while running about how I've sort of orchestrated my playlist into functions per workout. For example, I have a playlist for HIIT that plays the fastest/strongest parts of songs I love during my high intervals, and I have songs for warm-up, cool down, my regular pace, when I want to sprint, when I want to give up, etc.
So, do you do this? What is your perfect song for:
1. Warmup - Always, always "Defying Gravity" - the Glee edition
2. Standard Running pace - "Yeah" - User, "Magic" - B.o.B, "Fire Burning" - Sean Kingston
3. HIIT - "Dynamite" - Taio Cruz, "Science Fiction Double Feature" - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes,
4. When I'm feeling strong and want to push it - "Indiana" - Melissa Etheridge, "Bad Romance" - Glee edition
5. Sprint to the End - "Fanfare for the Common Man" - Emerson, Lake and Palmer
6. When I Want to Quit - "Get Over It" - Eagles
7. Cool-down - "Top of the World" - Dixie Chicks
What are your favorite songs to push you through the hard parts and power you through the parts where you feel good?