3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Exercise plan (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/214499-exercise-plan.html)

dmcca212 10-10-2010 09:42 PM

Exercise plan

I recently got engaged and it's looking like we're heading for a fall 2012 wedding, which is great because it gives me plenty of time to get my rear in gear! I have A LOT of weight to lose and understand that it's not all going to come off by then, but I would just love to lose enough so that I don't look like a big blob in my dress.

My plan is just to eat sensibly and exercise daily. I have a home gym at my disposal so I can do some weight training. I'm looking to supplement that with at home videos since I can't afford a gym membership.

What videos would you guys recommend, and what kind of plan should I follow? I'm a noob to all this fitness stuff, but I'm committed to getting myself into shape for this wedding!

Thanks all!

Rochester 10-10-2010 09:52 PM

When planning an exercise routine, you want to incorporate workouts from each of the three different elements - cardio (aerobic), strength training (anaerobic), and flexibility/stretching. Aerobic exercise builds cardiovascular capacity while anaerobic exercise builds and tones muscles. Flexibility exercises improve the range of motion of muscles and joints.

Aerobic exercises include things like running, walking, biking, swimming, dancing.
Anaerobic exercise involves weight lifting and interval training.
Flexibility examples are pilates, yoga, and t'ai chi.

For cardio, I run, ride a stationary bike, and use a Fat Burning Belly Dance DVD.

For strength training, I use Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones DVD and Biggest Loser Power Sculpt DVD. (And I hope to buy the Kettlebell Goddess DVD soon!)

For flexibility, I do the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga DVD and a Budokon DVD. (And I'm thinking about trying T'ai Chi also.)

Good luck....and congrats on the engagement! :)

dmcca212 10-10-2010 10:03 PM

Thank you, sounds like a great collection of workout dvds!

What should my days look like? I mean, should one day focus on cardio, another on strength training, and so on?

damngina 10-11-2010 12:29 AM

dmcca, you may also want to try Jillian's 30 Day Shred. It incorporates abs, strength and cardio for about 25 minutes. It's short but very intense.

Yoga is also good for getting stronger as well as flexibility.

Just Dance Girl 10-11-2010 01:40 PM

It's important that you find something that you like to do so you'll keep at it. And have a couple that you can alternate between, like walking/biking.

You can try out different DVD's from the library before you buy.

Karatemom 10-11-2010 06:05 PM

The 30 Day Shred is great!