Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-11-2010, 06:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

Default knee pain

I was walking and trying to get in a bit of jogging back along but slacked off for awhile so yesterday I hopped on the treadmill to try and get a little exercising in. It is getting chilly here in Maine so I have to start staying in more and also hunting season will be starting soon.

I stretched before getting on the treadmill and then walked at 3.8 for 1/4 of a mile then jogged at 4.6 for 1/4 and I alternated for 30 mins and got in a little over two miles.

Today my knees, below my kneecaps are sore and I have not had this problem before when I walk and jog out on the roads.

It feels like I fell and landed on my knees, it is not unbearable, more annoying.

Is this something I should just work through and it will get better or am I possible going to damage my knees?
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #2  
Lisa

S/C/G: 300/290/180

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

I have the same problem when I run on treadmills, but not when I run on the trails. Weird. Did you run at an incline? If not, you might try putting the incline to at least 1.0 because at 0% incline, I always felt like I was running downhill.
Karatemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

No I did not have it on an incline, maybe I will give a 1% incline a shot tomorrow and see how it goes!
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote