Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 12:23 PM   #1  

Default Firm Tapes

Looking for information and opinions on them....like, don't like, easy, hard, one better than another????????

Thanks..
Old 10-29-2002, 03:21 PM   #2  

Hi LLB
I have been doing the firm tapes for many years. I don't have the new tapes I have most of the older one and I really love to do them. I have seen a major differnce in my muscles.
I don't Know wich tapes that you are looking at buying I enjoy the cross trainers. They are not overly easy but youcan see a difference fast. I do feel great after I do them I do them 4 days a week.
If you get them let me Know what you think of them. I will keep a look for you thread to see if you get them.
Tanya
Old 10-29-2002, 06:08 PM   #3  

What exactly is the firm? Is it step-aerobics? Is it cardio or just strength training/toning?

Margie
Old 10-29-2002, 06:38 PM   #4  

Hi,
I bought the new firm tapes, should get them tomorrow or the next day (hopefully). I got the ones with the fanny lifter- 2 steps that fit together and make one step or can be used seperately. Just like the one on the infomercial, but I got mine from QVC. It was $10 less and comes with one more tape.
I looked up the firm at a website (the name escapes me now) where they review exercise video's. It looked like eveyone loved the firm. Even people that had some things that they didn't like, still sang their praises.
I'll let you know what I think when they get here. I think they will be hard and I'm looking forward to that.
Margie, it looks like a step aerobic, cardio work out that you use weights with. Am I close Tanya?

------------------------------------
If you can, you must.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:40 PM   #5  

Thanks, nikkic, BUT: how do you order from QVC? and I am way out of shape so would they overwhelm me?
Old 10-29-2002, 11:27 PM   #6  

Hi Lucky Lady,
Go to www.qvc.com, look under health and fitness I believe and then the firm or do a search for the firm on their site. They have a 30 day money back guarantee if your not happy for any reason. I've sent stuff back to them and I've always gotten my money back. I shop there way more than I should.

It is a challenging workout, from what I understand. You begin without weights, unless your in better shape and then progress. I've talked to people on other sites that say they couldn't do the whole work out for months, just parts. But with perseverence and determination, they eventually were able to. I am not in good shape myself. To make a long story short, I broke my ankle almost 2 years ago and I've had multiple surgeries to try to get it to heal. I had to lay down with my foot elevated for a whole year. After that, all of my muscles were atrophied. I could barely sit up right for 5 min. without just falling over from exhaustion. My muscles in my foot and ankle are a little contracted from not being used. I weigh 254 lbs (down 24 lbs.) I have been exercising since August. I started at 2 1/2 min. a day and I'm up to 40 min. a day. I don't know how much of the firm I'll be able to do, but I'm positive that I will eventually be able to do the whole tape.

Believe in yourself and you can do anything. Good luck! Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 10-30-2002 at 06:24 AM.
Old 10-30-2002, 07:16 AM   #7  

Thanks....

Let me know what you think of them when you get them.

I didn't know you could buy from QVC on the internet but DUH!! you can do everything else so why not!
Old 10-30-2002, 10:16 AM   #8  

Hi everyone. I am glad to see people talking about the firm tapes.
The tapes that I have are both cardio and strength training and I have some that are mostly strength training and some that are cardio training. I have been working on the stregth training ones and seen a great change in my shoulders. I love the way they are looking.
I agree tha you just keep going and you can do the whole tapes in no time.
Tanya
Old 10-30-2002, 07:54 PM   #9  

Any recommendations?????? Go for the $80.00 ones or are there some others to try first? What are the ones that are only 35 or so minutes???? Any suggestions on those?
Old 10-31-2002, 10:48 AM   #10  

Hi LLB
They do have some 35 min tapes. The one that I have is the crunch one. As long as you take your time to get use to the tapes and don't use weight the first times I know thatif youare ready you will do it, but don't do the whole tapes the first times and do the prats that you feel comfortable to do.
Tanya
Old 10-31-2002, 04:27 PM   #11  

Ok - I saw the Firm on tv last night - looks awesome!! I am going to Curves and using my elliptical but I really want to have variety in my workout. I have always loved step aerobics.

nikkic - Thanks for the internet info - I found it and am very tempted to buy it...I just have a few more questions! When you get your tapes will you let me know if the cardio workout is a step aerobics workout? Also, I don't have a very big room - only about 6-7 feet wide and about 10 feet long to work with. Do you think this is a big enough space for all of the workouts?

Thanks for your help!! I bet you are gonna love the workout!!

Margie
Old 11-01-2002, 06:34 AM   #12  

Hi,
Margie, that would be plenty of room, I would think. They don't seem to go farther than 6 feet in any direction, if that.

LLB, I've found these to be more than challenging. I did the first part of tape, very badly and when I thought I was going to fall over from exhaustion, she said, "Now that we're warmed up, let's begin." I'm not sure this is what I would use if I was just starting to exercise, unless your really, really motivated. Like I said, you can always return them, but then you have to pay for shipping.

Here is the website that reviews exercise video's. They give a complete breakdown as to what is in the tapes and they do seem to be unbiased. www.videofitness.com.

Try to rent them from a video store or check them out from a library and see what you think of them before you buy them. Everyone says it takes months to get up to speed when you use them, I'm sure this is true. Also, you have to be somewhat coordinated. There's a lot of steps involved.

Nikki
Old 11-01-2002, 07:47 AM   #13  

Thanks Nikki...I tried the library but they don't have any .... small town!!!!!

I will check out the web site.
Old 11-01-2002, 03:36 PM   #14  

Hi everyone I agree that you don't need alot of space and if you can try to take your time if you are going to use this tapes.
Yes they are step and low inpact cardio it depends on the tapes that youbuy. I have both kinds of tapes and found the ones with step to be better to me.
Tanya
Old 11-06-2002, 06:59 PM   #15  

I bought the 4 tapes at Wal-Mart for $19.95. Now to just open the package!!!!
Closed Thread