Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-21-2010, 08:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Default Sit ups- Clicking in hip/pelvis

I've always had this clicking (it's not so much of a clickng as it is a popping..but it's sort of both?) feeling/sound in my hip/pelvis (don't know which) when I do sit ups, when I do the side kicks like in some tae bo videos, or even when I do some of those...I don't know what they're called, but when you put your arm out to your side, then raise your knee up to it, and bring your rlbow down. Billy Blanks does them a lot.

Anyway, something in my hip or pelvis ALWAYS clicks. It's annoying, and sometimes it's uncomfortable (not painful), enough to make me stop short. I also have some weird issue where if I lay on the floor, flat on my back, sometimes I can't get up. It feels like there's something wrong in my hip or pelvis, and to get up it DOES hurt, and I normally have to have someone yank me up off the floor/out of bed (the bed part RARELY happens, it's mostly in the floor) really fast.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know I need to get it checked out but it's the least of my worries right now, with no med. insurance. Was just wondering when it happened this morning while stretching.

Last edited by yhahmd; 11-21-2010 at 08:16 AM.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

The clicking that is unpleasant but not painful...I have it when i do the reverse sit ups.I found it happened all the time during pilates. I haven't had negative effects from it.The trouble getting off the floor...hasn't happened to me.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbyforty View Post
The clicking that is unpleasant but not painful...I have it when i do the reverse sit ups.I found it happened all the time during pilates. I haven't had negative effects from it.The trouble getting off the floor...hasn't happened to me.
Ah, yeah, also the reverse sit ups! I haven't had any negative effects besides not being able to get up sometimes, but was curious as to what it was from. I always thought when I lost weight it would go away.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #4  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

Yeah I also get that clicking sound when I do side-kicks and I was starting to wonder if it's a hip problem or not, but it never is painful and I never have any lingering pain or discomfort afterwards... I'm assuming it's nothing bad... but I'm no doctor.
RienQueNny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #5  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Try changing the position of your legs. Sometimes a little tweak in the angle of the legs can fix it.

Good luck
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote