Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 02:47 PM   #1  

Question Walk Away the Pounds??

Have any of you heard anything good about or tried the "Walk Away the Pounds" videos? I'm getting into a good walking routine, but want to have something to do for rainy days (or snowy days in the winter). I saw them at a local store recently, & they were pretty reasonable priced (I think around $6-7 per video), but don't want to spend the money if they're not worth it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2002, 04:01 PM   #2  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

I really like mine. If you already walk a lot, get the 2 mile first, and get some 1 or 2 pound weights. Even doing the 1 mile for me makes me sweaty and a little sore. They are really good videos.
Old 07-18-2002, 05:17 PM   #3  

I bought the 3mile..she uses the round ball type weights in it. I just use some small weights I already had. I like it and would recommend it. She tells ya when you reach each half mile, sometimes I stop at 2mile. I saw some of the walkaway videos at the library. Maybe you could sample one from your library first. Good luck!
Old 07-19-2002, 06:52 AM   #4  

I bought the set (1, 2 and 3 mile tapes plus the weights) at Sam'sClub for $17.99. They are just long enough for me to do while the baby sleeps.
Old 07-19-2002, 11:42 AM   #5  

Sorry but I don't think that WATP belongs in this particular forum. Her videos are EXCELLENT. They are fun and lighthearted and they are something you can do in your house especially on those rainy days. I love Leslie! I have all the WATP videos but I use my own weights that I got at Walmart really cheap. I started with 2 lb weights but am now using 3 lbs which makes it a little more challenging for me after doing the videos for sooo long

Stef
Old 07-19-2002, 12:01 PM   #6  
Uber-Moderator!!

Moving this thread from Fitness Scams to the Exercise forum!

I agree it no longer belongs in this forum...
Old 07-24-2002, 09:08 AM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 241/237/160

I'm not familiar with these tapes, but I have a question. Everything I have read states that you should not use weights when walking, yet it seems that these tapes do. How's that work?
Old 08-01-2002, 01:45 PM   #8  

I have the new WATP for the Ab's and I like them too (I have the others).I do the 2 mile every day.and now do the 2 mile for the ab's to every once in a while.
Dawn
Old 08-04-2002, 12:08 AM   #9  

I love Leslie's Walk Away the Pounds tapes! I bought the kit that has tape1,2 & 3 and also had the weights with them!

These are GREAT for "too hot days", "too cold days" or "not enough time days!" If I get off my walking routine for a few days, I simple go back to tape #1 again.

Sherry
Old 08-06-2002, 09:55 AM   #10  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 241/237/160

Monique, thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to give the tapes a shot. I like Sherry's idea of doing them when its too hot or too cold to walk outside. I'm hoping I can find them locally.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:12 PM   #11  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I just won an auction on ebay for the 1 mile and 2 mile.. I can't wait to try them out!!

Dana
Old 08-07-2002, 06:31 PM   #12  
It's MY Life

I have really enjoyed doing the Walk Away Tapes. I have worked my way up to the 3 Mile ones and you definitely get sweaty doing it! I use the round weighted balls. Sure wish that I had the Ab ones, but don't want to spring for the cash right now. If you have tried both do you think the Ab one really works the Abs more than the original? Thanks!
Old 08-10-2002, 07:13 AM   #13  

I just saw the new kit with the ab belt on QVC. Their website has it for less than $30.00. I ordered it from there because it is the cheapest that I have seen anywhere. I hope it comes soon!
....... and that I ACTUALLY use it once it comes.

Last edited by Tootsie; 08-10-2002 at 07:17 AM.
Old 08-10-2002, 03:20 PM   #14  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I just got my 1 & 2 mile dvd today..
my question is.. I did the 1 mile walk.. how many ww activity points is it?
is it high or moderate activity? and yes, I worked up a sweat!!

I really liked it because it was too complicated.. there are not a lot of steps.

Dana
Old 08-11-2002, 12:49 AM   #15  
Empress/Queen

Default Leslie ...

Dropping in with a comment that Leslie Sansone's older tapes (made before she became licensed to Goodtimes) are also great fun and you may even like them better, if you can find them. She's been around a long time and made many series of tapes, even two that incorporate jogging intervals. The production values of the older tapes vary, but I've been collecting them for years and I really enjoy them, some for their nostalgic value as well as the exercise. Some of her tapes are for seniors but are enjoyable even if one is not a senior; it's motivating to see older adults enjoying exercise and these are great "walks" for anyone. Another neat thing about Leslie "Walkaerobics" tapes is that they are easy to modify. You can make them more intense just by adding jogging intervals, doing them double time, etc.

BTW, the weighted balls are so light, they likely (IMO) pose no problem moving at the pace used on the WAP videos, but no one should do any kind of exercise routine without getting a doctor's ok. And, if using the balls seems uncomfortable or in any way wrong, IMO, you should just put them down.

Slimdown, I don't do WW but wouldn't you just count Leslie as aerobics or walking and gauge the intensity by how hard you perceive yourself to be working? Dunno.

Happy walking!
Closed Thread