Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 12:37 AM   #16  

Thanks, Marvin. I just put some heat on my back and that helped stop them. I'm very curious about my appointment on Tuesday. I'm so glad it's with a certain midwife, she's so sweet. I had 3, but one left. I like all of them, but this one in particular is very motherly and caring. I hope she delivers me. Getting nervous about the weight though. I know I'll be fine if I can control the eating, which I feel like has gotten away from me a little this week. Not too bad, but I can't remember what I eat! Not much longer though...

In Christ,
Pamela
Old 10-30-2002, 10:33 AM   #17  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Whoa! Wednesday already! Can't believe how fast this time is flying!

How was your appt yesterday? Hope that all is well.. you're right though, not much longer now! You're what, 34 weeks now?

Me, feeling alright, but tired and stiff... not that I'm doing much of anything to deserve sore muscles! Just busy running around, and totally looking forward to the weekend. Also, looking forward to the end of the month, which is when I start my leave! Yay!

Old 10-31-2002, 03:04 AM   #18  

It went pretty well! I'm trying not to freak out about my weight, but I'm going to ditch the sweets after Halloween. I tried to today, but you know, chocolate really has some calming properties!

The contractions have slowed quite a bit, so I'm getting a bit more active. I still get them a bit in the evening when it gets stressful, but my hubby's been good about helping me out a lot then.

I'm not dilated at all, baby's head down, got a flu shot, all sorts of good things, hehe. I'm so looking forward to it!! 6 more weeks!!

Awesome about you starting maternity leave soon. You can 'nest'.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 11-06-2002, 06:01 PM   #19  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Gees! Long time, no talk to! I've been pretty bad with getting online, sorry! I suppose it won't get much better after the baby's here, eh?

Everything is still going well here... achey, tired, and crabby, but that's to be expected in the home stretch, isn't it? Less than 7 weeks for me now! (5 for you, right?)

Old 11-07-2002, 01:41 AM   #20  

Yay for us!! I say 5-7 for me, just in case this one is poky like Em! Emmett has the chicken pox right now!! It's crazy, but kind of good. We just lay on the couch and cuddle and watch videos. I'm kind of glad to have this with him right now before the baby gets here. Usually he's too busy to cuddle with!
Old 11-07-2002, 10:51 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm jealous girls.. I still have 11 weeks to go and that's only if baby is on time (last one was 2 weeks late and I had to be induced).

Had an appointment Monday and I'm up 30 pounds Yuck! Could be worse though! Otherwise everything is looking good. Unfortunately they were not sympathetic to my request for another ultrasound (the first one was a mere 3 minutes long and did not satisfy me in the least.. how do they check everything in 3 minutes!? I didn't get to find out the sex either).

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know I'm still here and reading.. just don't know what to say really.. so I've been quiet

Christine
Old 11-08-2002, 01:04 PM   #22  

Haha, Christine, I know what you mean. It takes me 5 minutes to get up from anywhere and excercise?? I count lugging my 2 year old around as excercise. That's really stinky about your u/s! I keep dreaming this one is a girl, since we were unable to find out at ours.

Sooooooo, I failed my 2nd 1 hour glucose test. Gotta do the 3 hour. I've been eating so bad, especially with the sweets. Maybe this is a good wake up call. And if I do have it, maybe I won't end up with such a large baby this time if they all know it!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 11-12-2002, 12:14 PM   #23  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Angry

Ugh! You want me to exercise! Seriously, the most I do is run around the house, trying to get it into some semblance of order!

Pamela ~ Sucks you have to do the 3 hr GTT! Sorry about that! Hopefully, all is well... just cut back on those sweets! Easier said than done right, especially with the halloween candies, just lying around screaming Eat Me!

Christine ~ A 3 minute u/s? What a ripoff! Gees, my "big" one at 18 weeks was about 45 minutes long... Hopefully you get the chance to have another peak at the little one. Try not to fret too much about the weight gain though, kay? I'm up about 30 lbs too, and it's more than I wanted to gain. But, over all the real goal is a healthy babe, so I'll take the good with the bad... just means that much more hard work after the baby's here!
Old 11-13-2002, 02:25 AM   #24  

I've gained at least 35 pounds *avoids scale like the plague*. I have a terrible cold so don't wanna go in and do the test cause I think being sick can affect your blood sugar! I've been doing a lot better with the sweets, but tonight, oh tonight...we went to a concert and swung by Denny's on the way home. One of our good friends was working there and brought us each a free choc milk shake with strawberries and bananas! I keep telling myself it has milk and fruit, LOL. I drank the whole thing!

I *did* go for a walk today, it felt soooooo good. Gonna try and just go around the neighborhood once a day (it's not too big). Just getting down the driveway for the mail is a workout.

Not too much else, except the waiting, waiting, waiting!! Urgh!
Old 11-17-2002, 02:00 PM   #25  

Hi Marvin and Pam: I have not been on here for a few months and just logged on to see how you two are doing with your pregnancies and health.

Christine, I see you've joined this group. I am NOT expecting - way past that. I have a 12 year old. But I still like to get on here since I've been posting with the Every Day excercisers for a while.

I have not been much of an every-day excerciser since we closed our pool for the summer. I'd say it's more like twice a week. I did get on our eliptical trainer yesterday and did some situps. Hopefully I can make myself do some yoga today. I miss it. I haven't done it for about a month.

Well, it was good to read your posts and catch up a bit. I hope everyone has a good week!
Old 11-21-2002, 12:30 PM   #26  

Argh went in for false labor the other night! 3 more weeks to go, it's a workout to get the phone, LOL.
Old 11-25-2002, 12:18 PM   #27  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Whew! Am I really 36 weeks along today?

Pamela ~ Sorry to hear about the false labor! Here's hoping it turns into the real thing pretty soon! You have got to be getting tired! (Like I am! )

Stamper ~ Good to see you! Glad that you haven't given up altogether! It's hard to make that transition to "winter" exercise, isn't it? Just keep movin' girl!

Probably won't be in much for this last month... as Friday is my last day at work, and I'll be on my ever-so-slow dial up connection at home from now on. Don't worry though, I'll check in! Gotta keep up to date on Pamela's little one, and let you know when my little one arrives too!
Old 11-26-2002, 04:19 PM   #28  

Ooh, you're done with work, yay! I can't believe I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow! I'm so frustrated with everything in my life right now, but still enjoying the baby being in there. I wish me and him/her could just take off somewhere for awhile. Hehe. Life should be more chaotic soon, LOL.
Old 11-29-2002, 12:11 PM   #29  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Yay! Today is my last day!

Just wanted to check in and post for the last time from here... gonna miss this high-speed connection, let me tell you that much! Oh well, at least I'll be home, where hopefully I can get some rest in, and *try* to get "ready" for this huge life-changing event about to happen to me....

Pamela ~ 38 weeks, huh? Can't believe that we're this far! Anyway, regardless, I hope you have a wonderful, easy delivery.. with an adorable little one to add joy to your life... *sniff*

Okay, getting teary again.. gotta go!
Old 12-07-2002, 08:07 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Wow! Congratulations everyone. It's baby city.

I used to log in here a lot about a year ago ~ but then kind of hid for a year while having my own baby. He's a first for me too. Now I am trying to shed all those baby lbs and get back into exercising.

Let's strap on those baby carriers and get walking!

My son (Wil) is 12 weeks old and has a strong enough neck that I have started using him as a weight. I lie on my back and do baby bench presses. He's only 11 lbs - but he's growing fast. I need to get those lbs off of me and onto him.
Closed Thread