Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 11:56 AM   #1  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Thumbs down Everyday Exercisers ~ August!

Thought that I'd start a new thread, since it's August now (yikes!) and the last one was a little long at 3 pages!

Had a nice, relaxing, long, lazy weekend, and now I'm feeling a bit more energized... which is handy, since we have a lot to do!

Plans for today include Curves, stopping at my mom's to pick up some more stuff to take home, and a quick stop at the grocery store....

Pamela ~ Hope Em's feeling better!

Stamper ~ Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

We probably aren't really gonna get one this year, since it's DH's busy season at work right now, and by the time that's over, I'll probably be too uncomfortable to go camping... I'll have to live vicariously through you two!
Old 08-06-2002, 03:14 PM   #2  

Glad to hear you had a nice relaxing weekend!
Em's feeling better, I'm about halfway through the cold and dh just caught it yesterday. It lets me be a hermit, yay! LOL.
My best friend and I went for a nice walk to the lake yesterday. Really helped me work through some things.
We're taking it easy today!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 08-07-2002, 01:08 PM   #3  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Wish I could take it easy today! Or this week, for that matter! Way too much to do.

I didn't get to Curves yesterday. Went to my mom's instead and hauled all my fridge stuff out of her house. Then took it home and stuffed it into my new fridge. What a workout, hauling all those bottles of stuff around!

Oh well... Curves will wait for me, until this afternoon! I need to get myself weighed and measured, so I know how much damage is done so far!
Old 08-07-2002, 01:14 PM   #4  

Ooh yikes! Well take it somewhat easy, lol.

I found a lump in my breast this morning. I've been checking them almost every day for about a week or two now and accidently found it this morning. Waiting for dr's office to call back so I can get an appt. My mom had breast cancer at 16 (I'm thisclose to 24) and I was going to start mammograms next year. If you pray, please do so for me!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 08-07-2002, 06:34 PM   #5  

Everything is ok! The depression I'm fighting was more of a concern. I love the midwife I saw. Very compassionate and motherly. Really helped me feel better. I will probably swing by my best friend's house tonight. I need a positive outlook (it's better already!).
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 08-11-2002, 01:55 PM   #6  

Pamela - from your second post on 8/7, does that mean they determined the lump was nothing to worry about? I certainly hope everything is okay.

Marvin - how are you? Sounds like getting settled in your house is continuing to keep you busy.

Well, I got a lot of exercise on my vacation. I walked every day and I also swam in the pool. But I weighed this morning and I had gained 3 pounds. Which is pretty frustrating since it took me about a month to lose 6 pounds. I am hoping those 3 will come back off fast.

Well, today I am going to swim but I am waiting until the pool gets part shady. I got a little sunburn on my arms and hands on Friday and even though it doesn't look bad it hurts when the sun shines on it. It feels like someone rubbed jalepeno peppers on my skin.
Old 08-11-2002, 02:26 PM   #7  

Nothing wrong with my breast! This cold, though, has been going on for over a week and a half now. Having lots of sinus pain. I'm going to call the nurse and see if I need to come in tomorrow.

Stamper, glad you got in a lot of excercise!!!!!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 08-12-2002, 11:43 AM   #8  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Yeeks! Sorry that you had such a scare, Pamela! Glad that all is well though... I've heard that pregnancy can cause lumpy breasts... is that what your midwife figures happened? Sorry to hear that this sinus cold is still bugging you though... Bleh! Lots of good health wishes for you!

My DH has been sick the last few days, and has been miserable... luckily, I've managed to stay healthy. Not looking forward to getting sick while pregnant!

Stamper ~ Sorry about the burn! Ouch! But, good for you for getting in all that exercise while you were on vacation! And don't worry too much about that 3-lg. gain... could be anything... additional muscles (!), water weight, monthly fluctuation... you know! So, don't stress, and keep up the great work! The number on that scale will drop again very soon, I know it!

As for me, well, the past few days have been kinda stressful.. we've had to hire a lawyer now, since our homebuilder will apparently not even return our phone calls... It's been nearly 2 months since they moved the house, and there's still 2 pages (small type) of things yet to be completed! So, we're sick of being put off all the time, and figure that our lawyer will get this stuff moving! It's aggravating though! I'll be glad to be done with it, and soon!

Oh well.. planning on getting my sorry butt to Curves tonight for some stress relief then some walking tonight, while I do some deliveries for my home business... then a quiet night at home, while DH works late. *sigh*
Old 08-13-2002, 12:13 PM   #9  
Searching for Motivation

Hello!!

I've been here at fat chicks for a while and I've seen this thread so many times and for some reason never posted - until today that is . I don't exercise *everyday* but I do try with as much effort as I can muster, to w/o 6 days/week. I alternate strength training with aerobics and try (huge emphasis on *try*) to eat right - I don't always win that battle though - soooo many cookies with my name on them it seems .

Anyway, I'd like to get to know you all better and join in on the conversation from time to time. I'm usually here most days posting in the support section - do you gals post daily or is it usually less often?

Personally, I've found the more people you can be accountable to, the easier it is to stay true to your program. I think exercising is a support driven activity for many people (myself inculded) and that it can be so easy to procrastinate. Getting to know you and getting and giving support will help me (and hopefully you all too)!! I can't wait to meet you all so we can walk, run, step or kickbox this journey together! Talk to you soon .
Old 08-13-2002, 04:00 PM   #10  

Hi Sassy Pie! Glad to have you here.
I try to at least check every day but don't post as much as I used to, or excercise everyday for that matter. Marvin and I are both expecting in Dec and that's hindered our excercise efforts a little bit though I think she's doing better then me, LOL. Now, I'm just trying not to gain as much weight as I did with my son and get in shape for the labor. I really like this board.

Glad to have you here.

For the record, I haven't done much of anything today, lol. Oh well. Feels good to be feeling better.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 08-14-2002, 11:26 AM   #11  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Sassypie ~ Hi! And welcome! Sounds like you're doing as well as we are, if not better! IT's always been my opinion that you can only do the best you can, and it's better to eat what you want and exercise as often as you can, than to make yourself miserable on carrots and endless workouts. Make sense?

Like Pamela said, we're both expecting, and trying our best just to keep moving... Ive been slacking off on this lately, and am just getting back into the swing of things...again! I also try to check everyday, and post most days, except on the weekends, when I generally stay off the computer! Helps keep me motivated...

Pamela ~ Sounds like you're feeling better! Glad to hear that!

As for me, still plugging along, planning on Curves again tonight. It made me stiff and sore yesterday (from my Monday workout) so I'll have to scale back the intensity a bit, but it still feels real good! Also, planning on doing more walking doing catalogue deliveries for my business, so I'm set for today...
Old 08-14-2002, 12:10 PM   #12  
Searching for Motivation

Hi gals

Pregnant and still working out - you ladies are my heros and my new inspiration!! If you can do it then I certainly know I can too - sometimes I feel pregnant even though I'm not .

Marvin - I agree with you in regards to eating what I like and just working out more. I always pay attention and sometimes even argue with myself about what is going into my big mouth; but for the most part, I know if I deny myself now I'll just go for it again later - I'm stubborn that way .

Tupo - I think it's great that you're trying to be healthier this time around. It can be so hard to stay motivated when you're carrying all that extra weight AND you have another little one running around. When I was pregnant with my second dd I could barely stay on my feet for more than an hour. My frame is so small and she was so big for it that she (as well as first dd) really gave me a run for my money! There's nothing wrong with taking a day off here and there - as long as it's only temporary .

Todays w/o du jour is upper body and pilates. Better get moving before my girls find me something to do. Take care of yourselves and talk to you soon!
Old 08-15-2002, 10:40 AM   #13  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

G'morning!

Wow, had a good workout at Curves last night, then walked quite a bit with the deliveries, so I was exhausted. Then, DH wanted to talk last night, so I was late getting to sleep... Ugh... Boy, do I need a nap! And I've only been up for 3 hours!

Oh well, at least today is a quiet day... was gonna do more deliveries tonight, but I think it's gonna have to wait for the weekend, since they're calling for rain, and wet snow () for tonight and tomorrow! Yuck! At least it's supposed to be nice and cunny on Sat/Sun!

I'm alos thinking about taking next week off to get settled into the house... I've been putting it off, waiting on everyone to get the painting, etc... done, but I'm tired of waiting! They took this long, they can work around me! Ha!

Anyway, have a great day... I gotta go try to find a way to stay awake through the next 7.5 hours of work!
Old 08-15-2002, 04:15 PM   #14  
Searching for Motivation

Hi ladies

I've heard of Curves and I think there might even be one near my area, but I've never been. Do they have a program for pregnant women or do you just lighten up on your regular routine? Very interested to know this for the next time - it would be nice to be really healthy!

I ended up running out of time yesterday and didn't do my pilates routine but I did at least do the upper body w/o. I feel like such a slouch lately! Today I'm forcing myself to do pilates and then taebo and in that order too or I'll never be able to do pilates correctly! I have a slight headache though so hopping up and down right now does not sound that great (not that it ever really does anyway ). I'll just have to get through it regardless - no whiners here!!

Snow Marvin??? That really sucks, to be blunt! What's your typical weather up there anyway? I live near Chicago and the seasons are extreme down here so I can only imagine that they would be more extreme in the colder months up there. But snow in August??? Hope it's not too bad for ya and you get time to do those deliveries. The house sounds interesting too - I love anything to do with home improvement - it's really my passion!

I'd better scoot - take care!
Old 08-16-2002, 11:36 AM   #15  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Well, luckily the snow missed our area, and the sun has come out again, so the day might not be too bad after all! Alberta is famous for it's funky weather! This year, we had three bad snowstorms in May & June! Ordinarily, it's not quite that bad... but we do have a pretty short summer and a looooooooooooooong winter!

Sounds like you have an ambitious plan, Sassy... pilates sounds so interesting to me... have you taken any classes, or use videos or what? I've done yoga (reminds me to pull out that prenatal tape that I have and get using it) and I enjoy that... always thought that I'd enjoy Pilates too... BTW, I agree, do the Pilates first, and then, if you still have your headache, skip the TaeBo! I hate getting my blood pumping when I can feel every throb in my head!

Curves is awesome... basically it's the same routine, 3 laps of the circuit, and being pg is no problem with that... I just watch how much I exert myself. Dr. has no problem with it, so long as it doesn't include bungy-jumping or skydiving! The owner of the Curves I go to had a baby a few months back, and she worked out daily for almost the entire pregnancy, even showing new members how to do the exercises.. then again, she regularly runs marathons too! () It's the only exercise plan that I've ever stuck with, and I love it! Plan on working out there as long as I can, then a few months off post-partum, and back into the swing of things!

Speaking of which, today is Curves day again, which will make 3 times this week... which I'm thrilled with! Then, hopefully, with better weekend this weekend, I can get some stuff unloaded and unpacked from our storage trailer, and get out there to finish off my deliveries... Cross your fingers!

Not sure if I'll get on to post this weekend (I usually don't) but if not, I should see you on Monday! Have a great weekend!
Closed Thread