Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #46  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Thanks Mercy!!

i got my dvd in the post this morning, last chance workout, biggest loser with jillian michaels, killer workout! heheh was great. did all 3 workouts, lasted an hour and i burned 450 calories. its a combination of cardio and resistance training.

most of the exercises in fridays plan was on the workout hehe

thanks for fridays plan!
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:20 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Always looking for something new to "shake it up" so I'm game to play!
Week 1

1st tues : none
2nd weds: 60 minutes spin class
3rd thurs: 50 minutes latin dance class
4th fri: 30 minutes running on treadmill
5th sat: 60 minutes (45 elliptical, 15 weights)
6th sun: 42 minutes cross trainer

Total Smilies = 5
Total minutes = 242 minutes
------

Week 2

7th mon: 70 minutes boxing boot camp class
8th tues: none
9th weds: 60 minutes spin class
10th thurs: 60 minutes latin dance class
11th fri
12th sat
13th sun

Total Smilies =
Total minutes =
--------

week 3

14th mon
15th tues
16th weds
17th thurs
18th fri
19th sat
20th sun

Total Smilies =
Total minutes =
----------

week 4

21st mon
22nd tues
23rd weds
24th thurs
25th fri
26th sat
27th sun

Total Smilies =
Total minutes =
---------

week 5

28th mon
29th tues
30th weds
31st thurs

Total Smilies =
Total minutes =
I am very bummed. I had minor surgery on my leg today and the doctor said I have to take it easy for a couple of weeks. Only upper body workouts. I am not happy. I took off today and I'll see about the weekend. I'm thinking I can at least walk on the treadmill and do upper body work but I don't want to push it.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:22 AM   #48  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Saturday's workout for Mercy and Dr. Echo

Take your pick echo, just do it

Today's Workout
Cardio Day
It's your choice — do any kind of cardio you'd like today, but remember to get your heart rate up to 85%.

Home > Fitness & Exercise > Cardio: What to Do
EmailE-mail PrintPrint
Cardio: What to Do

From walking outside to working out with your favorite cardio DVD, how do you know which kinds of cardio are best? Do you walk, swim, step, or climb your way to fitness? The answer is: all of these. Find out which kinds of cardio are effective!
When to Do Your Cardio

Contrary to popular opinion, there’s no "right" time of the day to do cardio. The most important thing is that you do it. There is an established misconception that cardio is most effective first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, the theory being that you won’t have eaten in 8 to 10 hours, so there will be less blood sugar available for fuel, which will force your body to draw on and burn more of its stored energy. This is absolutely untrue. A calorie is a calorie no matter what. It doesn’t matter if the calories are from fat or from carbs — as long as you are burning more of them than you are taking in, you will lose weight. If anything, working out on an empty stomach could make you feel weak and could inhibit your performance. The best advice is to do your cardio whenever you have the energy for it, whether it’s morning or evening, on an empty stomach or following a snack. All that matters is that you are putting as much into every workout as you can — do that, and you’re guaranteed to get the most out of it. My workout plan allots for one day a week strictly devoted to cardio, but if you want to do extra cardio, do it after your circuit training for the day for weight loss "extra credit."

How Long to Do Your Cardio

When it comes to duration, you should do a minimum of 30 minutes and a maximum of two hours of cardio in any single session. On the one hand, the number of calories you burn in half an hour might not make it worth the trip to the gym (unless you’re going completely hard-core in your cardio session).On the other hand, you don’t want to exercise intensely for more than 2 hours straight, as excessive activity of this kind releases stress hormones into the body, such as cortisol, which inhibit weight loss, causing your body to react by storing fat and retaining water out of self-protection.

Choosing Your Cardio

There are a million and one exercises that you can do for cardio. So how do you know which kinds of cardio are best? Do you walk, row, spin, step, or climb your way to fitness? The answer is all of these. You should do whatever you enjoy the most.. If you only have access to one type of exercise, you can change the way you use it every once in a while so that you are avoiding the workout plateau and keeping yourself challenged and motivated. If you need information about specific cardio workouts, learn more about your options here. You can also find out an estimate about how many calories you're burning during certain activities in my activity calculator.

Finding Your Intensity During Cardio

When it comes to intensity, use your best judgment. If it feels too easy, increase intensity; if it feels too difficult or your form is compromised, decrease intensity. You will find that your abilities change as you move forward, so it is important to adjust your intensity levels as you increase your fitness level. Ideally, I want you to make sure you’re pushing yourself and keeping your heart rate at 85 percent of your maximum while you are doing it. To figure out your target heart rate, use this heart rate calculator. I strongly recommend that you purchase a heart-rate monitor, which will give you instant feedback on how you're doing, letting you know if you're working too hard or not working hard enough..

Today's Workout
Cardio Day
It's your choice — do any kind of cardio you'd like today, but remember to get your heart rate up to 85%.
Mercy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:54 AM   #49  
50 is the new 40!

Today is my scheduled rest day, but I will walk at least 45 min today.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:01 PM   #50  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Just 2.5 this week-end with all the rain.

37/50 MILES
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:53 AM   #51  
50 is the new 40!

Monday, December 14, 2009 Mercy and Dr. Echo's plan

Email E-mail Print Print

Warm Up/Prep
5 minutes

Circuit 1
1 ) Jumping Squat
3 sets of 15
The jumping squat is a great way to get your heart rate up, so you burn a lot of calories. The high resistance of jumping from the squat position gives you maximum definition in your quads and glutes.
2 ) Plyo Push-Up
3 sets of 15
The plyometric push-up builds muscle by adding resistance to the regular push-up.

Circuit 2
1 ) Military Shoulder Press
3 sets of 15
The Military Shoulder Press defines and tones the upper body.
2 ) Sumo Squat
3 sets of 15
This squat modification places a greater emphasis on the inner and outer thighs.
3 ) Mountain Climbers
3 sets of 1
1 minutes
It's an uphill battle! This killer move works your cardiopulmonary system, chest, shoulders, lower abs, and transverse abs.

Circuit 3
1 ) Bench Dip
3 sets of 15
Use a chair or a bench, and your own body weight, to work your triceps.
2 ) One-Leg Pelvic Thrust
3 sets of 15
This variation of the pelvic thrust really works your glutes. If it's too strenuous for you, go back to the basic version and keep both feet on the step.
3 ) Jumping Rope
3 sets of 1
2 minutes
This is an outstanding form of cardio in terms of calorie burning and toning quads, hamstrings, and calves.

Circuit 4
1 ) Weighted Crunch
3 sets of 15
The weighted crunch is for building a "six-pack." This modification targets your upper abs, and adding weight to the exercise stimulates muscle growth.
2 ) Jumping Jacks
3 sets of 1
1 minutes
This is an excellent form of cardio that you can perform anywhere.

Circuit 5
1 ) Triceps Kickbacks
3 sets of 15
Isolate your triceps and say goodbye to flabby arms.
2 ) Russian Twists
3 sets of 15
Want six-pack abs? This is a full-on abdominal routine that works the rectus abdominus, internal and external obliques, and transverse abs.
3 ) Jumping Rope
3 sets of 1
1 minutes
This is an outstanding form of cardio in terms of calorie burning and toning quads, hamstrings, and calves.

Cool Down
5 minutes
Old 12-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #52  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

A quick 2.5 with the mutts this morning....my sister is coming over soon.

39.5/50 MILES
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #53  
50 is the new 40!

week 3 with sadness, Mercy is alone this week

14th mon completed JM's workout
15th tues
16th weds
17th thurs
18th fri
19th sat
20th sun

Total Smilies =
Total minutes =

Last edited by Mercy03; 12-14-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:42 PM   #54  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy03 View Post
week 3 with sadness, Mercy is alone this week

14th mon
15th tues
16th weds
17th thurs
18th fri
19th sat
20th sun

Total Smilies =
Total minutes =
aww- will be with you in spirit!! Bring it Mercy Baby!!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #55  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
I am very bummed. I had minor surgery on my leg today and the doctor said I have to take it easy for a couple of weeks. Only upper body workouts. I am not happy. I took off today and I'll see about the weekend. I'm thinking I can at least walk on the treadmill and do upper body work but I don't want to push it.
aww hope your leg heals real soon!!! you've been doing so awesome , jillian talks about when you get injured, its like the universe telling you to take it easy

yah dont push it, its best to let it heal properly as you dont want to slow down the healing process.

but great idea on being able to do upper body workouts. if the doctor says its okay, you can get loads of calorie burn through shadow boxing, holding hand weights aswell. just moving your uppper body only. but check with your doctor if you can do that. get well soon!

ps i love all your xmas smilies!!!!!!

Last edited by Echo; 12-14-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:48 PM   #56  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Saturday's workout for Mercy and Dr. Echo

Take your pick echo, just do it

very useful information! thanks mercy ! have copied it hehe

WOW!! you totally killed it last week, 7 smilies!!! way to go! congratulations ! you totally kicked my *** !!!! well done

Last edited by Echo; 12-14-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #57  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post

Total Smilies = How do I earn a smilie? Is it like a teacher giving a sticker to a student's paper?
Total minutes = Probably just under nine hours. (I don't time my work with weights -- I just do the sets.) So maybe 535 minutes for the week.
-----
you earn a smilie for each workout you complete! you give them to yourself

there are loads of smilies to choose from. just click on Advanced, and then click on MORE

for eg: this is how i would have allocated smilies i have edited your post and added the smilies. just to show you as an example. but you totally dont have to do the smilies. i just love the xmas smilies and giving myself one for each different workout i do

btw you are amazing with all the different workouts! very impressive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post

Week 1

1st tues: 45 minutes bike, 15 minutes rowing
2nd weds: One hour elliptical, weights
3rd thurs: One hour elliptical, one hour Pilates class
4th fri: One hour elliptical, weights
5th sat: One hour elliptical, one hour Pilates class
6th sun: One hour swimming class, weights.

Total Smilies = 12 smilies

How do I earn a smilie? Is it like a teacher giving a sticker to a student's paper?

haha yeh thats exaclty it!

Total minutes = Probably just under nine hours. (I don't time my work with weights -- I just do the sets.) So maybe 535 minutes for the week.

------

Week 2

7th mon: One hour bike, abs work
8th tues: One hour elliptical, weights
9th weds: One hour bike, abs work
10th thurs: One hour bike, weights
11th fri: One hour elliptical, abs work
12th sat: 30 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes on treadmill, one hour Pilates class :
13th sun: One hour swimming class, weights

Total Smilies = 15 smilies

I'm giving up on the smiley thing.
Total minutes = Probably about eight and a half hours. I could have done more, had I also taken a yoga class & a second Pilates class during the week, but I need that downtime after work.
you are in the lead !! well done Saef!

Last edited by Echo; 12-14-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #58  
50 is the new 40!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
very useful information! thanks mercy ! have copied it hehe

WOW!! you totally killed it last week, 7 smilies!!! way to go! congratulations ! you totally kicked my *** !!!! well done
Thank you Chica!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so motivated in my efforts to get fit since I joined her website. It's funny how when you pay for something, you don't want to let up, or it's a waste of money right?

It's funny, but the irony is that I hurt myself in September doing the 30 day shred and that really threw me off of my game as I couldn't exercise for weeks, then the eating started, so..........I join her website. She is getting money from me left and right lol.She hurts me then repairs me

You know what though? I have still reached my goal of getting under 140 since I joined 3fc, and I haven't been this thin going into the holidays for 8 years so that being said, I am really glad I am here and have gotten to know you a little bit and you have been a great support system for me.

I think I lurve you
Old 12-14-2009, 04:21 PM   #59  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Thank you Chica!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so motivated in my efforts to get fit since I joined her website. It's funny how when you pay for something, you don't want to let up, or it's a waste of money right?

It's funny, but the irony is that I hurt myself in September doing the 30 day shred and that really threw me off of my game as I couldn't exercise for weeks, then the eating started, so..........I join her website. She is getting money from me left and right lol.She hurts me then repairs me

You know what though? I have still reached my goal of getting under 140 since I joined 3fc, and I haven't been this thin going into the holidays for 8 years so that being said, I am really glad I am here and have gotten to know you a little bit and you have been a great support system for me.

I think I lurve you
awww Mercy you are soooooooooo sweet! you just totally made my day, Thank you so much

you've been an AMAZING support for me too!!! and wow you're in the 130s, that is absolutely fantastic!!!! you are so rocking it!!!

lol at knowing when you pay for something you utilise it more. that is so true!
and thats so funny how she hurts ya then repairs you. i really admire you're commitment to her workouts. you're doing so great!

i have all her books on my shelf, i still havent finished reading all of them though and i listen to her podcasts everyday.

i know what you mean about injuries. i tend to eat more when im injured or out of commission.

my abs have recovered, thankfully but my 2nd toe has been abit swollen for over a week now, it got abit better, and then i did jump training and i must have aggravated it again. so i just put some ice on it. it started when i did wind sprints a couple of weeks ago and i could feel in getting abit swollen. but yah i think i will take it easy for a few days for it to heal and maybe do bike instead, nothing that involves jumping.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #60  
50 is the new 40!

Quote:
jillian talks about when you get injured, its like the universe telling you to take it easy
Quote:
my abs have recovered, thankfully but my 2nd toe has been abit swollen for over a week now, it got abit better, and then i did jump training and i must have aggravated it again. so i just put some ice on it. it started when i did wind sprints a couple of weeks ago and i could feel in getting abit swollen. but yah i think i will take it easy for a few days for it to heal and maybe do bike instead, nothing that involves jumping.
You said it best yourself. take it easy, get some rest, but.................... Don't start another binge. I fell in LOVE with BUTTER, SUGAR and CHOCOLATE for a week. I am now working my *** off

Last edited by Mercy03; 12-14-2009 at 06:37 PM.