Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 06:36 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Just have to give a quick shout out to MK and the dedicated marathon training...every time I read one of your posts I want to go out running again keep going, girl! Boston is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesp313 View Post
My husband is home from school for three weeks also so he and I will be hitting the gym three days a week together and then he'll bike when I run
I think this is wonderful! Getting in shape together can be a lot of fun and you can motivate one another...just be careful if he doesn't want to go one day or something you still go without him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridgegirl View Post
New victory: I ran 3.1 miles without stopping! I was on the treadmill Friday afternoon as the first flakes were coming down and set it to about a 11:20 pace and just plugged away.
CONGRATS! That's a big milestone to reach!
Old 12-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #152  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

I found out my hubby ordered me a garmin 305 for x mas! I'm soooo excited! Unfortunately, it's backordered and might not get here until the beginning of feb! The darn foot pod got here a few days ago, lol.

I'm also excited because I got my hubs to sign up for the new years 5k with me! He's a TON faster than me, so he might not want to stay at my pace but him actually being in the race with me is a huge improvement from him driving me and then sitting in the car the whole time

Off to start the final week of c25k! WOOHOOS!
Old 12-24-2009, 12:52 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

Oh you'll love your new Garmin! Enjoy!
Old 12-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #154  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Evel, you and your hubby will have a blast!! I got my BF to run the Bolder Boulder 10K with me last year, and it was like PULLING TEETH lol!!

Fat--i did NOT run that 10K--- since i decided to run the pheonix marathon on a whim (and with it less than a month away, my trainer forbid me to compete in it. ... now that ive had a chance to skim the results im kinda glad.... (theres no WAY i would have won!! they had some pretty fast ladies there, although i would have definitely made the top 6 or 7)

Puprle--thanks for the shout out!

You guys are awesome! Merry Xmas to all!!

I HAD planned on running 10 miles this am, but the gosh darned SNOW when i woke up!! ANd the fact that it was 4 degrees...bleh! i will try again tomorrow........
Old 12-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #155  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveLHaelf View Post
I found out my hubby ordered me a garmin 305 for x mas! I'm soooo excited! Unfortunately, it's backordered and might not get here until the beginning of feb! The darn foot pod got here a few days ago, lol.
Hubby got me one too I was going to try it out but it's freezing rain here today ...

Did a 5k Christmas morning run with my client, she thought I was crazy, but we did go out... It wasn't the best run, I think because of all the junk food we'd both been eating... It's back on track for me today though
Old 12-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #156  
Tellin' it like it is!

well all,
off to the urgent care doctor to have my toenail removed!! Its been TRYING to come off since my marathon, and now its REALLY INFECTED and hurts really bad, and i have another marathon in 3 weeks, so i need to get it taken care of, ASAP. Also, i havent been able to hear out of my right ear since tuesday.....
Old 12-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #157  
Ilene the Bean

MK -- OUCH on both counts, take care of yourself...
Old 12-26-2009, 08:43 PM   #158  
In the desert...

No running here - just haven't been motivated - but I'm staying active, which is better than my usual butt on couch position!

MK - ouch! Take care of yourself - that toenail sounds painful.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:26 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 272/218/136

Sorry I have been MIA!! We have all been sick around here and I am trying to finish up some work but needed a quick break!! Hope everyone had a great holiday!!
Tues of last week I ran my longest run ever of 10 miles I did it in just barely under 2 hours felt so good!! Will be doing a half in no time!
I still haven't signed up for a race in March that I want to do, so nervous and have no one to do it with it is 16 miles so my guess is it will take me 3 hr 20 min approx and not sure how my kids will handle that long of a wait. But I want to do it so badly!!
I am still plateaued on my weight loss. I am not sure what is going on but I lost only 3lbs this month and worked by big fat bum off!!! It is so frustrating, but I ran 10miles straight that is an accomplishment in itself right
Ok, off to finish work then will catch up with everyone
Old 12-27-2009, 11:53 AM   #160  

I hope everyone had a great Christmas...I am jealous of all these Garmin-giving-hubbies though I don't particularly need anything like that right now.

MK---ewwww I hope hearing comes back and toenail goes away. I"m amazed you have been running all those miles with those things happening!

I am behind on my training so need to pick it up starting today. We had 3 very eventful days with 2 days of active Christmas and one 6 hour long birthday party for my son yesterday. Today, time to get back to my own goals and real life.

I am setting goals for 2010 today...not resolutions, but commitments I intend to fulfill this coming year. 2009 was a horrible year for me and I have decided that I have to MAKE better things happen this coming year. It's in my hands, not anyone else's.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #161  
Tellin' it like it is!

MaryAnne-- Congratulations! double digits is a HUGE deal!! Its no big step up now to a half marathon at all!!

All- my run was a SUCKFEST SUCKFEST SUCKFEST.
Was supposed to do 13 mi....4 miles easy 9 miles at marathon pace (8:15ish). i only made it 8 miles than wussed out,. it was AWFUL. My two lead feet!! Ehch...they cant all be winners. I knew it would be bad when i was struggling to maintain my EASY pace!. I think part of the problem was all the ice and frozen slush and snow i had to run through and on. it REALLY takes alot out of you trying to not fall and trudging through crap.

Toenail update!! ---- the urgent care doc DID NOT remove it, because it is SO infected. Im on antibiotics, and percocets (mayhaps THAT'S why i felt like i was running with lead feet?) and i go back on weds to have my GP/sports med doc remove it! JOY!

Funny side note about my run today. i was approx HALF a mile from home, and i had to pee SO BADLEY (and it came on out of NOWHERE) that i literally was seriously considering peeing my pants! i was 4 minutes away from my house, and i COULD NOT hold it. I looked around, saw there was noone outside shoveling or in their cars, and i dropped trough in someones FRONT YARD and made yellow snow!! i dont know if thats funny, or sad, but its amusing none-the-less. I feel sorry for anyone who happend to be looking out their window and saw my large fat white BUTT!! hahahahh. It was worth it!

Also, im thinking about getting a fake tan for the phoenix marathon, so i look nice in my race pics! what do you all think?? Yes, its vanity. Would it be just too weird since its winter? FYI, i mean spray fake, not tanning bed fake.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:04 PM   #162  
Tellin' it like it is!

Purple-- you slipped in while i was writing! what do yo mean 2009 was horrible?? in what way? Youve started running. thats an accomplishment!!
Old 12-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 165/---/148

mkroyer and everyone, I'm happy to see you're keeping it up. Regarding the spray tan: During the marathon, you're sweating profusely... won't the spray tan come off? Btw, mkroyer, I see what you mean about the uncomfortable, during my run today, I would have paid even $50 to stop running, but I forced myself to keep running without stopping!

I've been sick with a nasty stomach virus. But, I just got back from my first run in a week or so... I did a solid 50 minutes. I've been trying to keep my calories at a reasonable level so hopefully I start to see some results soon.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #164  

hi ladies...I've been a bit MIA but between the fallout from last week's crazy blizzard and the holiday it's been pretty chaotic. Good news is I still got three solid runs in last week, and I shaved some significant time off my 5k PR. Yesterday morning I ran 5k in 34:09. I was going for sub-34 and got darn close. Feels awesome to be able to do the full 5k without taking walk breaks. And I lost half a pound so am down to 205 even. Hey, it's only half a pound, but the week of Christmas that feels like a big success. The registration isn't open yet for the 5k I want to run in April, but I did print off the course and am planning on scoping it out this week if snow and ice hold off...it promises to be hilly which should be a challenge! And I've started inviting friends and colleagues to run it with me so I should have good company!

EveL - congrats on last week of C25k. You have been so consistent with your training!

mkroyer - sorry to hear about the toenail. that sounds awful! Hope you are on the mend.

maryanne - congrats on ten miles! That is a distance that boggles my mind - I am trying to psych myself up for 4! I know all about plateaus and how frustrating they can be...but are you seeing success in other places even if the scale isn't budging? I have been losing pounds ridiculously slowly, but have been losing inches, lowering my resting heart rate, wearing smaller clothes, so I know SOMETHING is happening. Don't get too hung up on the scale as you are clearly making progress.

purple - best wishes to you on starting 2010 strong. And I'm with MK: you started running which is a HUGE step...so you most certainly did something right in 2009!
Old 12-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #165  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
Purple-- you slipped in while i was writing! what do yo mean 2009 was horrible?? in what way? Youve started running. thats an accomplishment!!
I mean in literally every aspect of my life, 2009 seriously sucked. I started waiting for a new year months ago! I have started training for the 5K, doing consistent walking and some running, and you're right I need to recognize that as a huge personal achievement, even if I haven't gotten my eating under control just yet to make weight loss happen faster...but I'm going to get there. I know I am!

I have decided that I want to build up to running more by the end of 2010, and plan to RUN the running of the lights next new years eve/day! That has become my biggest ultimate goal and I am determined to make it happen.

BTW...your butt is by far not large and you probably had men in the window taking pictures you could have charged for the view. Many times I have gotten out on the track and suddenly had to pee so bad, but I am a 10 minute drive from home so I hold it as long as I can.
Closed Thread