Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-01-2009, 12:38 AM   #1  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Pain while exercising

So today I tried a workout DVD called "Weight Loss Cardio Sculpt" for the first time...and I loved the dvd, but I found that it's extremely difficult for me to do the sections on the mat. If I'm supporting myself on my hands, my wrists collapse or are in tons of pain, if I'm on the mat kind of like this _/\o (lol)...and when I have to unbend my knees and only be supported by my feet and my wrists, it hurts my feet so much...

is this just because I'm too fat to support myself? I don't understand...

these are the same reasons that I stopped trying to do yoga, because the positions where I was supporting myself with my hands or my feet were physically painful.

its really frustrating because I'd LOVE to do the yoga dvds and this cardio sculpt dvd that I bought, but I'm afraid of hurting myself. I just don't understand why I can't do it...

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Don't get discouraged so soon It's not because your "too fat" as you said, but because you're just weak, strengthening your muscles and ligaments will take time. Keep doing the DVDs and do what you can for as long as you can and eventually you'll catch up, honest! Be patient
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote