Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-29-2009, 01:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default I Need Some Advice

Hello ladies,

I am thinking about buying some fitness software for the wii, but I want to make sure that I make the right decision.

Does anyone use the wii for exercise? If so, which game do you like the best? The ones I am looking at are wii fit, my fitness coach, and EA sports Active.

Any advice would really be appreciated!

Thanks!
lovesjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I have wii fit, my fitness coach and gold gym's cardio. I have heard great things about sports active too though.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'7.25"

I like EA Active more than Wii Fit (haven't tried Wii Fit Plus, which I will, someday). Jillian Michaels gets such BAD reviews I've never tried it. I did have to get a stronger resistance band for Active but that wasn't a big deal. The next game on my radar is Gold's Gym, looks up my alley.
dangerousfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #4  
peace<3

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I use EA Active and I love it!!
makeupforlifee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/186/149 (mini: 179)

Height: 5'5

The only one I can speak to is Wii Fit, and I got bored of it. The only thing to do on it that I got into was step...but the rest of it didn't really interest me, and now it collects dust.
angee phalangee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 241/236/140

I have both Wii Fit and EA Active Trainer. Like dangerousfish, I had to get new resistance bands because the one that comes with it is so wimpy. I bought the Psyclone bands for Wii from Best Buy - they come in 3 strengths so you can switch them depending on the exercise.
I really like Active Trainer - you can use the 30 day challenge, preset workouts or create your own. I haven't gotten the update so I can't speak to that.
2Greyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #7  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

we have Wii Fit and my daughter really likes it. We use it for the family scale, but you have to either use it on wood or on carpet with the adjusters and we didn't keep the adjusters (so we're looking for the adjusters from someone else!)

The Wii fit works really great for a family fitness center, has a lot of different movement things on it...

My suggestion would be to play-test a friend's things....or can you possibly rent one from the local video store?
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/227.6/150

I have only used Wii Fit. It was great for the first couple of weeks, but after that I found myself getting bored with it. Like the above poster, mine is collecting dust. I would love to try some of the other games available though.
cabinwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:50 PM   #9  
in it to WIN it

S/C/G: 162/162/130

Height: 5 ft 7 in

I liked Wii Fit, but I didn't stick with it. I don't know if it was the lack of time or my laziness. Probably both. lol
I'm not sure about the others, but to start off I would go with Wii Fit.
The best thing for me with it was the ability to compete with the others in the house. I'm kind of competitive at everything, so when the other family members stopped doing it so did I. No point in competing if no one else is, right?
mlp0322 is offline   Reply With Quote