3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Just starting out with Exercise!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/187124-just-starting-out-exercise.html)

Natoshial 11-28-2009 12:14 PM

Just starting out with Exercise!!!

I have never been able to stick with an exercise plan. But I do realize that for my health, to speed up the weight loss and for toning that it is the best thing for me to do. I stayed trim when I was younger and in college by dancing a lot. I had thought about buying some workout DVD's. But, I just realized that Netflix has 42 workout videos on Play It Now. I have high speed internet so I could have been doing these the whole time from my computer. They have a big variety. Yoga, Pilates, Dance.

I did a 10 minute Solution Cardio Burner today. It is a 55 minute DVD but I couldn't make it anywhere near the end. I could only do 10 minutes. I was a little dissapointed about this. It was very fast paced and had my heart pumping and I worked up a good sweat. So I guess I accomplished something.

I plan on getting some light weights and a yoga mat. I know I won't be able to do much to start out with but any movement that gets my heart pumping will help. I want to work my way up and be able to make it through an entire workout video. I think that is a good goal. I'm gonna read others posts to get an idea of what I need to do since I am clueless in this area.

cassieroll 11-28-2009 12:49 PM

I really like the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds videos. When I first started I did the 1 mile walk. I only did half. Now I'm doing the 4 and 5 mile brisk walks and I love it. SHe is very encouraging and motivating. Anyone at any age and fitness level can do her videos.

ETA the first video of hers I started with was Leslie Sansone: Walk Away the Pounds: Express Easy Walk / Brisk Walk

cathydoe 11-28-2009 12:53 PM

Great thread! I just posted in the "I wish...." and I toyed between 2 posts... and I didn't do the one on exercise...and then here this is! I 2 would like to start incorporating exercise into my daily life. I have a treadmill and one of those Gazelle things. I really need to do something! The motivation is beginning to come. I am the QUEEN of procrastination. Does anyone make daily goals for themselves. Not food related... more like what you want to accomplish for the day. I am my own boss (sort of) and sometimes I get overwelmed with what I have to do or I just plain procrastinate. Hummmm interesting thoughts going through my head.

Peace to all! Cathy

Ilene 11-29-2009 11:34 PM

Natoshial and Cathy :welcome: to the wonderful world of exercise :yes: ...

Natoshial, doing 10 minutes of the DVD is a perfect start, you'll see in no time you'll be doing the whole thing, I promise...

Cathy, I've been working out regularly for 25 years and I still make daily exercise goals... So, YES :yes: mini goals, of any kind are very important... Even I procrastinate sometimes, but I just put my running shoes on and go and within 5 minutes I'm ready to exercise more... So just keep at it ...

Good luck to both of you ...

mlp0322 12-01-2009 11:57 PM

Well thats great to know that netflix has it on instant play. I have never thought of even looking at my netflix for workout videos. Not even for at home delivery, and i was thinking of canceling cause I am so bad at actually watching the video and then putting it in the mailbox for return. lol But i do watch the **** out of instant play. Thanks for the info. :D

Shelley221 12-02-2009 12:10 AM

I joined Jazzercise. I thought it would be older women and easy to do....WRONG. It is actually hard and I fell in <3 w/ it. I had my mom join with me.

MaryEllen 12-02-2009 02:05 AM

I have Comcast, and I don't know if other cable carriers do this as well, but there are several different workout videos on demand for free under Sports and Fitness --> Exercise TV. It has everything from yoga to Carmen Electra's Striptease. ;) In any event, it's a cheap and convenient way to figure out what you like.