Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #106  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Hey thanks everyone! Funny last time I was a size 8, I was at least 10 lbs lighter so I definitely have exercise to thank for this.

Cake ~ hope the weather holds out!! It's looking a little iffy for my race this weekend as well.. we need good weather vibes! You are going to do FANTASTIC!

Shannon ~ I agree with Cake, if you've got 6 miles under your belt pretty regularly, the half marathon shouldn't be too difficult to train for, especially if you find a schedule that seems doable.

Geranium ~ good luck at the running store.. definitely sounds like you might need some more supportive shoes!

Eve ~ Have you started Week 3? How is it going? I was also very nervous to jog for 3 minutes when I did that week... weird to think about now. You will do great!!!

Last edited by Fat Pants; 11-11-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #107  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Good Morning!

I didn't have to work today, so Im just now waking up! hehehe

After breakfast I'm heading out to do week3 day1 I'm really trying not to worry about it and just do it.

I hope nobody's races get canceled! I'll send good weather vibes out to both of you!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:30 PM   #108  

EveL - you're so close to onederland! I dropped a 1/2 pound last week so I now have 7.5 pounds to go. Congrats on being at the half-way mark!

Geranium - nothing can beat a good pair of shoes. I am notoriously cheap but good socks and shoes (especially for exercise) are the one thing I won't skimp on.

Cake - Richmond is just about 1 1/2 hr from me - maybe someday I'll join you for a race there!

Fatpants/Skinny Jeans - congrats on size 8! Wow, a single digit! And good luck at your race - is it appropriate to say 'break a leg'?

I couldn't work out Mon or Tues so am looking forward to a long run and some weight lifting after work (woohoo - I get out of office at 3:30 today!) - rainy but that's what treadmills are for. My doctor noted that my resting heart rate has decreased, which is awesome. I have my running to thank!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #109  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

I took my doggie out for my run today. He kept me distracted during the 3 minute runs. We totally rocked it! No sweat! (well there was some ) I'm really getting into this running thing.

blue- It's so unreal that I'm half way there already! Congrats on being close to onederland as well! If I get there first, I'll save you a seat! And congrats on decreasing your resting heart rate! That is awesome!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #110  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Fat--- you look so Beautiful!! Just Glowing!! What was the occassion for the dress?
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:48 PM   #111  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
Fat--- you look so Beautiful!! Just Glowing!! What was the occassion for the dress?
Thank you! It's actually the dress I just got for all the holiday party shenanigans in December. I am pretty stoked about it!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #112  
Workin' It

Eve - on the run today!

FatPants - fantastic picture!

Planning a run after work, but might push it to tomorrow. Had to put a metal shelving unit together in our storage unit and moved a lot of really heavy boxes back and forth. Probably should have been two person assembly... Pretty worn out at the moment, so might go home and do some yoga. The weather is dreary today, too, which doesn't help. Blah...

Good day everyone!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

Hey All! I just got back from my vacation and I'm here to report that I did absolutely no running (or working out in general) the whole time I was gone. I ate like a pig and drank like a fish. It rained the day of my friend's wedding but it was still so very pretty. We had a blast - I SCUBA dive so the bride, another friend, and I all went on a two-tank dive and saw some beautiful fish and coral and DH went snorkeling with some of our other friends. The food was amazing - I ate some sort of fish/seafood practically every day. So we came home last night and the rain from Hurricane Ida followed us in so I haven't ran today. I need to get back to business! I think I'm going to have to start getting my runs in early in the morning before DH leaves for work... evenings are too short as it is.

Great Pic no-longer-FatPants! Beautiful Dress!
ShrinkingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #114  
Workin' It

One of my anxieties about the half marathon is that I am a super slow runner... Some of my splits show as 12:30 per mile, and I have some decent bursts of 10:25 on my exceptionally perky days but I'm sill averaging 14:10, 14:30, 15:30 per mile for total runs... I don't want to be the last one finishing...

Oddly, I run pretty consistently at 5-6 mph, can do decent intervals at 7-8 mph on the treadmill. On the road I just slow down.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:32 PM   #115  
Ilene the Bean

Shannon, the adrenaline will kick in and you'll do fine in your HM

FAT PANTS, is that you in that avatar .... vavavoom , you look great...

Amy welcome back...

Had a super run this afternoon it was 4c/39f, loved it... I'm not fast but we had a great pace going today...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Just popping in for a super quick study break...

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

FatPants - You look absolutely beautiful! It's amazing to see how far you've come!

Hope everyone is managing to keep up with the running in all this cold weather. I know I can't talk, living in LA and all, but daylight savings is totally killing me and making me want to go to bed at 5pm! Luckily my running is on track as it's the only thing keeping me sane right now. Ah! Hoping for another 8 mile run this weekend, so we'll see how that goes. I miss you girls! I promise I'll be back after my stupid exam. Have a good rest of your week!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Fat - You look BEAUTIFUL!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:32 AM   #118  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
One of my anxieties about the half marathon is that I am a super slow runner... Some of my splits show as 12:30 per mile, and I have some decent bursts of 10:25 on my exceptionally perky days but I'm sill averaging 14:10, 14:30, 15:30 per mile for total runs... I don't want to be the last one finishing...
Shannon, unless your half is VERY small, rest assured that you won't be the last finisher!! All of the halfs I do have some percentage of walkers and a cut off time of around 16 minutes per mile (3.5 hours). Even if you run as slowly during the race as during your training runs, you won't be last. But, there's something about the race environment that kicks up the adrenaline and brings out our best efforts -- you will probably be faster than you think! Plus, your half isn't until, what, March? You may find you get faster anyway as you train up.

Fatpants (you are going to have to change your handle ), what a beautiful dress!!

CakeBatter - how's the weather forecast looking? My race is Sunday, and it looks like it's going to really nice here -- cooling off finally.
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:59 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

fatpants - woohoo for the size 8s and the gorgeous dress!
cake - I hope the weather this weekend will work out for your race - must be a bit nerve-wracking in the meantime.
evel- how did day3 go? If it gets hard to keep running, you can always try slowing it down even further - it's still jogging, no matter how slow it you go!
amy - welcome back! glad you had fun!
TC - between daylight savings and much shorter days this time of year, it's definitely harder to get in a run while it's light, even totally apart from temperature issues. I got spoiled this summer, I guess. Can't wait to be on the other side of the year as things gradually get better again.

I'll be back in Denver (after a week in FL) again tonight and am looking forward to getting in a good run outside - I'm a bit sick of the hotel treadmill!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #120  

Good morning all!

amy - welcome back! your trip sounds so fun! I've always wanted to try scuba diving!
MBN - good luck on your race
Dancer - great job in keeping up your exercise while traveling, when it's easiest to let the routine slide.
Takingcharge - I know, I hate daylight savings time. Just doesn't seem right for it to be pitch black outside when I'm eating dinner at 6 pm. Glad you have a track to use.
EveL - keep up the great work on your training and definitely save me a seat in onederland...I'm on my way!!!

Had a great 3.6 mile run on the treadmill (the longest I've ever run, woohoo!) and weight training yesterday at the gym. Covered the screen which shows speed, distance, time, etc with a towel and just tried to get into the zone which was pretty nice. Going back today for a treadmill work out. It's amazing how quickly I feel myself improving. Just two or three weeks ago I starting trying to run/walk more than a mile at a time, and now it definitely takes less excertion that it did then. Perceiving that it is getting easier to run and lift is a big motivator as the scale oh-so-slowly inches down. And keeping up with all of you is another big motivator!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote