Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-16-2009, 09:40 PM   #1  
I'm A Work In Progress!

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/170

Height: 5'4"

Default Beginner's workouts

So, I need some advice. I'm in my fourth week of exercising and I am getting bored with my Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds dvd's. I have done the one mile to start with the first week and have been doing the three mile these past three weeks.

I've also just started yoga yesterday and rode my stationary bike last night (which, by the way, needs a new padded seat-OUCH! lol).

I would really like to expand my workouts, but I have no idea what to try that won't burn me out fast. Any ideas?

Also, I want to lift weights but don't have any (besides a kettle bell/ball) and can't afford to buy any right now. What kind of household items can I use instead of weights?

Thanks in advance!!
alyssamichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #2  
KHo

Default Home weights

Hi!

One great way to make your own weights is to use plastic bottles (milk or orange juice, but something with a handle), wash them out and add water and weigh them. You can get 4lbs into a 1/2 gallon container (8lbs in a gallon) using water. Once you get a little stronger you can replace the water with children's play sand available at any hardware store. That will get you 7.5lbs and 13lbs, respectively.

If you feel really *crazy*, you can connect the bottles with an old mop handle and make a barbell.

HTH!

Kristen
KHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #3  
I'm A Work In Progress!

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/170

Height: 5'4"

Kristen-That does help! Great idea!

I'm going to try that...and maybe I'll try the barbell idea later on down the road! =) Thanks for the ideas!
alyssamichelle is offline   Reply With Quote