Cardio Foot Pain

• I've been having some problems at the gym lately, the bottoms of both my feet really start to hurt while I'm on the elliptical. Does anyone else have this problem, ideas how to solve?
  • I have this problem too. They start tingling and hurting about 15-20mins in for me.. I usually just push through it, but would be very appreciative of tips to resolve this issue.. I have tried wearing a different pair/type of shoe, but that didnt help any
  • Give us more detail - where is the pain, exactly?

Probably wouldn't hurt to get a doctor to take a look, just so you know what you're dealing with. Better to investigate and figure out it's something fairly benign than to miss a problem that can get worse.

Hope you're feeling better soon!
  • I have problems too. I take Ibuprofen right before I go to sleep on the nights it gets really bad. I am able to run by morning.
  • I have this too....some days worse than others. I'm trying to watch how I walk now as I think I am out of alignment and that is not helping.
  • Could be tendons in the foot try soaking your foot in ice after exercise
  • I have the same problem. And one cause of it, for me at least, is that Im flat footed. Never knew I was until my chiropractor told me. The only relief I can get when Im on the elliptical, is either raise myself up on my toes when I push; start going backwards; or for about 30-60 secs use my arms to keep the elliptical moving and give my feet a break ( I usually do that by lifting one leg up at a time till the pain and tingle eases, then switch). As a plus, it makes you really work out your arms with the pushing and pulling!!
  • Quote: Give us more detail - where is the pain, exactly?

Probably wouldn't hurt to get a doctor to take a look, just so you know what you're dealing with. Better to investigate and figure out it's something fairly benign than to miss a problem that can get worse.

Hope you're feeling better soon!
    It's right in the arch of my foot. My mother in law is a physical therapist, I should probably bend her ear...
  • How old are your tennis shoes? If you work out often and they're a few months old, they could be breaking down.
  • I had this problem really bad when I first started working out. My feet got so bad that I went to a foot doctor. What I learned was to get good shoes. I wear New Balance 1123, which are really rigid in the arch part of the shoes. I also bought a good pair of arch supports for the shoes. This has drastically improved my foot pain. I do sometimes still experience pain in my feet and I've found that going backwards on the Elliptical for a few minutes gives my feet a much needed break.